Multivitamin May Slow Memory Loss

Ok, I think I understand. Very different from my approach, each person should of course choose their own.

2 Likes

I think this might be good:

It has a lot of each vitamins etc, so I wonder if only one per day would be preferable?

This is my concept too. Luckily I like cooking and don’t particularly enjoy fast food except sometimes as a break. Like yesterday, when I had my yearly FIVEGUYS milkshake. My only concern with fast food is that it is usually very caloric and satiety can be a problem. I also enjoy textured food and usually fast food is lacking this. Probably on purpose as texture gives you more chewing sensations and you eat slowly and feel satisfied. McDonalds meal usually just disappears and you are asking yourself where did it go… but this is me.
What kind of food do you like?

Calories are my enemy. I can overeat even on the healtiest food if I am not careful.

2 Likes

So am I. My problem is that I enjoy eating and usually can’t stop if there is more food (plate, table or kitchen). Last three years I started with being more conscious about calories and hey, they add up quickly. For example above mentioned shake was 375 ml / and about 1000 kcal. Crazy.

1 Like

I don’t know. I like healthy food too.
If I am focusing on maximizing wellbeing I suppose I will eat healthy as well many times.

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/1028415X.2017.1312841

Full adherance is not realistic however and why also a multivitamin is probably a good idea.

2 Likes

I’m genuinely shocked that people on here are uninterested in diet as a causative factor of acm/longevity. It has just always seemed so obvious to me that varying the content of a kg+ of food that you put in you every day must have a huge impact.

I can understand that the science can be messy, but the signals have been markedly more consistent over the last 15 years compared to before. And if you focus on adding foods, rather than restricting compliance is much easier. The dea that we need an rct on everything seems a little asinine given the obvious reasons why they’re hard to do and fund. Cohort studies plus small rcts seem good enough reason to eat a home cooked filet steak with green beans instead of a McDonald’s!

“Fourth, combining a healthy diet with other lifestyle factors could extend disease-free life expectancies by 8–10 years”

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/joim.13728#:~:text=Because%20large%20randomized%20clinical%20trials,from%20animal%20studies—can%20substantially

3 Likes

It’s absolutely whack but to each their own. Somehow this is not a forum that tempts me to get into axe grinding fights. I just take what’s good and interesting and ignore idiocy.

2 Likes

The Dr. Brad Stanfield one is pretty good, albeit a little pricey (it includes hyaluronic acid and TMG in it).

1 Like

If you take 2.5 capsules on average it is about the same price as 1/Day of Thorne Basic Nutrients per month. I don’t like that there is choline in it, although at 2.5 capsules a day it is very small.

Great summary of various diets and their effect on longevity.
Diet strategies for promoting healthy aging and longevity: An epidemiological perspective

1 Like