Lowering the Cost / Improving Access for Therapeutic Plasma Exchange (Plasmapheresis)

In the interview, A Fedintsev said that “ We have all the data published as a Google spreadsheet on our website so that researchers can see it”. Do you have a copy of that spreadsheet to post it here? What’s their website?

It could be that dilution without albumin can be very beneficial. It simplifies the process much.

Hi Laura - you understand the Russian language I think - can you see if you can find the google spreadsheet they mentioned. Here is the russian biohacker website: https://rlegroup.net/biohackers-for-longevity/

See this post:

Here is the google translate version of the posting:

I have emailed them to ask about the details of their experiment but no reply as yet. Their email address is we@rlegroup.net

Here is their facebook page:

Another related site they link to on their main site:

[quote=“RapAdmin”, post:120, topic:7499] …"But, if you have good equipment that has been tested and validated as functioning well. And if you have a well documented process / procedure with educated and well-read people who have experience with venepuncture processes, that its possible to do this process. I mean people are doing it: https://www.lifespan.io/news/biohackers-perform-first-plasma-dilution-experiment-on-humans/ "…
[/quote]

“The Person Who Says It Cannot Be Done Should Not Interrupt The Person Doing It” ~ unknown

I already acquired two{both the same] portable dialysis units.

“Lead, follow, or get out of the way!”
~ General George S.Patton / Lee Iacocca

2 Likes

Searched the site but didn’t find it. Wrote them email in Russian, waiting for reply.

2 Likes

I added some links in the post above this one… Check them out please.

They have a small spreadsheet embedded in the post, but its just some blood test results I think.

What I would love them to share would be:

1. The equipment they used - all the equipment in a detailed listing.
  2. The exact protocol / process they took to implement the plasmapheresis
  3. Full blood test results in a downloadable spreadsheet.
1 Like

Attached are some documents I’ve dug up on the internet, an example of the type of plasmapheresis protocol documentation that we need or need to develop ourselves (this is just the “collection” side of things, we need the “delivery” side protocol which is what I’m hoping the Russian biohackers can provide), list of materials typically used (example from a purchase order in India for the Spectra Optia system “consumables”), and a scientific study.

See below:

PROI24E98v2.pdf (699.7 KB)

spectraopt38.pdf (125.7 KB)

ijctm-104333-spectra-optia-apheresis-system-current-insights-into-clinic-120318.pdf (284.0 KB)

1 Like

Part of their protocol (translated from the article):

“In the article, half of the old plasma was removed from mice, and only 800 ml is removed in one procedure of plasmapheresis in a 75-kilogram human. How many such procedures are needed and at what interval?

Plasma was replaced in mice with albumin-containing saline, while the standard protocol for plasmapheresis involves only saline

We have successfully solved both problems.

Mathematical calculations showed the optimal number of procedures. And we decided to infuse albumin after plasma replacement, so as not to make changes to the standard plasmapheresis protocol”.

2 Likes

There are comments after the article, many ask the same specific questions and I don’t see any answers from them, besides “consult with your doctor” or “sign up at our website”. Looks like they are not sharing specifics yet. But let’s keep digging.

2 Likes

Yes, those are blood tests before and after.

2 Likes

Some good overviews of the plasmapheresis clinical process / procedures:

Plasmapheresis (Continuing Medical Education by Statpearls)

Medscape Plasmapheresis Technique:

https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1895577-technique

Therapeutic Plasma Exchange Order Set

asaio_2017_08_10_sirignano_asaio-17012r2_sdc2-2.pdf (453.1 KB)

1 Like

The big question is are you just removing bad aging factors and is that effective or do you need to also replace good factors with “young” plasma as well?
Additionally given the litigious state of people in this country even fully informed consent and release of liability would not fully protect any operators

Access is frequently (vascular vein access) is always a difficult problem
I for one would certainly like to see if it’s helpful

1 Like

AFAICS it is all about removing bad things (il-10?)

Since you’re familiar with Biolife’s operations, you may have some thoughts on this. Companies such as Biolife pay donors for plasma because it’s valuable and they can sell it. Dr. Kiprov and a few others provide plasma dilution treatment at $6,000 or so a pop. The plasma they extract in the therapeutic process could be sold, couldn’t it?

Mightn’t there be an opportunity for free therapeutic plasma dilution, with the sale of the patient’s plasma providing the profit?

Maybe it’s a no because of the relatively small number of potential donor/patients, but that could change as more people become aware and interested. Your insight would be appreciated.

They probably sell it. Don’t think they discard it. The procedure is still $6000.

1 Like

Any idea what the possible “bad aging factors”{in the blood/plasma] may be?

This should have been attached as a reply.

Interleukin-10 part of SASP. It reduces Acetyl-CoA in the nucleus via the Janus Kinase and SLC25A1. As a consequence of this cells fail to differentiate properly.

See my page about the evidence:

See particularly this research paper:

FWIW

Review

“Protective Role of Interleukin-10 in Atherosclerosis”

Originally published 15 Oct 1999

https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1161/01.RES.85.8.e17

Il-10 is interesting because it reduces NF kappa B and in theory would be considered anti-inflammatory. However, I went through a lot of papers and found quite a few which support the idea that IL-10 is a key cytokine for transmitting senescence, there were four I found which would oppose that idea.

FWIW

They are not discarding human plasma. If the collect/removed plasma pass required testing, you can be assured it is being sold. FFP is always required/in demand.

1 Like

Hi Lara. I was thinking more of companies like Grifols and BioLife. It would appear that the only difference in procedure between therapeutic clinics and them is the amount of plasma taken. At 70% for therapeutic dilution and under 30% dilution for BioLife’s collection from a donor, that’s about 2 1/2 times as much.

I’m not a lawyer but I play one on RapamycinNews, and my professional opinion is that with some modification of their waivers these companies could be in the therapeutic dilution business at all their locations. There are bound to be examples of well-vetted waivers of this type floating around, like the one RapAdmin signed for the trial, or the one Dr. Kiprov uses for his regular patients.

The donor/patient walks in, is identified as such rather than as a normal paid donor, signs the appropriate waiver and BioLife does a 70% plasma dilution instead of 25% to 30%. There’s 2 1/2 times as much plasma to sell using this type of donor/patient and if the therapy catches on, a leg up on the competition.

1 Like