Is Rapamune (Pfizer) produced in different countries the same in terms of quality?

Has anyone done any purity test etc for Rapamune produced by Pfizer in different countries? For example those produced in Turkey vs those produced in Ireland? I’m buying them in HK now and the price between the two is that those produced in Turkey is 1/3 of those produced in Ireland so wondering if there’s a difference in quality too. Yes all by Pfizer but…

1 Like

I’m not aware of any tests that people may have done comparing rapamune from the US, vs manufactured in Pfizer factories in other countries. I was just searching on the web and I can’t even find the factories where they produce rapamune… how do you know if it was produced in Turkey or Ireland, or the US? I’ve searched on the packaging, and can’t find any clear images that show the place of manufacture?

Overall, I’d be much more likely to trust the manufacturing & quality control of any Pfizer factory over a generic manufacturer of rapamycin (if you don’t mind the cost differential), largely based on this type of data: Why and How to Test Your Rapamycin for Purity, Dosage and Contaminants

But - we’ve generally seen good test results for the generic Biocon and Zydus sirolimus / rapamycin, Rapamycin / Sirolimus from India, Lab Test Report on Quality / Purity

The price of drugs mostly reflects the market conditions and not the quality. It is the price negotiated with local healthcare insurers. Locally I can buy Pfizer Rapamune for just over 100EUR for 30x1mg, but it costs more than four time more in Germany.

3 Likes