I think it's time for me to drop GetHealthSpan.com (UPDATE - I'm Staying with them!)

I started taking 3mg of Sirolimus from GetHealthSpan.com a few months ago and the cost was $127.00/month. I noticed that it looked like their price had increased from what they had advertised a few years ago.

This month I requested to slowly titrate up to 6mg and they agreed to give me 4mg to see how I feel. But when I received my monthly supply they now charged me $136.00/month.

They never told me they’d be increasing the price and I already felt overcharged for such a low dose. And I’m not even at the desired 6mg, which will be even more costly.

Am I the only one who feels ripped off by them? I think it’s time for me to look at India sellers … but I need to make sure they don’t rip me off as well with ineffective pills.

3 Likes

You have to look at the total cost, and ease of use factor for these online providers. The provide a generally high quality (these class of companies) and easily accessed service (prescription) and great easy of use (mailed to your house). Compared to visiting a doctor and paying him/her and going to a pharmacy to get the prescription filled: Rapamycin Prescription, Doctors that Prescribe It

Or ordering from India, which can be a hassle and you are not always really sure what you’re getting.

It all depends on your priorities. Some people value quality/service and ease of use and high confidence in the quality of the product. Other people want the rock bottom price and are willing to take a little more risk, and do more work.

Rapamycin, generally speaking, is pretty cheap (which ever way you get it) compared to most medications not covered by insurance. So I personally think its a great deal no matter where or how you buy it.

4 Likes

I am happy to order from India. Yes, it takes a while, and is a bit of work to set up, but now I have inexpensive rapa, and I don’t have to play games with doctors and pretend-doctors (Pushhealth) to get it.

I went through Pushhealth at first, because I was worried about quality and control, but it felt like poor care, and like you, I felt ripped-off, so I got on the order-from-India train. Now that I’m set up on Wise, and have a reliable Indian contact, it’s really quite smooth.

6 Likes

Doesn’t healthspan also set up and pay for blood tests? Plus they have a doc to talk to if you get an infection. And they test the meds. Might not be worth it but it’s a whole different ball game getting meds from India.

I’ve been using India, but earlier I looked into US domestic options also. Since another telehealth alternative (AgelessRX) won’t prescribe to my state, I looked into an outfit called Valhalla Vitality. They offer “7.5 months” of 3mg/wk for $395 (cost of sirolimus) + $100/yr consultation fee. They won’t go above 3mg/wk so GFJ is the only option. Not ideal but the price isn’t insanely bad.

A potential non-starter is that the drug comes from Brooksville compounding pharmacy, and the rep I texted with couldn’t tell me anything about capsule type and bioavailability. They referred me to their provider team, and I’m actually currently waiting for a response to those questions. I don’t have a lot of confidence in these folks, but I’ll report back whatever they say.

4 Likes

If you get 3mg per week you could take 9mg every 3 weeks.

2 Likes

Hi John,
What are the benefits of taking it every three weeks instead of weekly? And wouldn’t the higher (9mg) dose be more likely to cause side effects?

Who do you use in India? (And can I ask who Wise is?)

The math works. I admit I am waffling between once ever 3-4 weeks and a lowish dose weekly. Or a combo.

1 Like

Wise (https://wise.com/) allows you to send money internationally, converting between currencies.

I use Apple Pharmaceuticals, and have been happy with the service. DM me for contact info.

3 Likes

The question is whether side effects from overly long inhibition of mTor are worse than overly high.

I hold a minority view in arguing for a longer cycle period.

3 Likes

I have ordered 5 times successfully from Jagdish Nikose at rlhealthcare1928@gmail.com

The meds he has sent me have been the real deal. My father tested their Bempedoic Acid and his bloodwork confirmed a 50% drop in LDL. We both tried their Rapamycin and we both got mouth sores and side effects as would be expected. Many other people here order from Jagdish as well. I’d highly recommend him. I learned about him from @desertshores

They’re not the cheapest (but close), but they get the best Indian brands (Sun Pharma, Biocon, Zydus, etc…)

2 Likes

Interesting; maybe I’ll start with every 2 weeks and then go to 3. Have you tried a longer cycle yet?

Thank you for suggesting, I’ll look into it. Maybe I’ll try every 2 weeks to start … I am having trouble with enough energy to exercise when I take it weekly.

Yes I did read that Zydus and Biocon were good!

1 Like

If it causes you trouble you may be best reducing frequency right back to monthly or less frequent, then increasing the dose at the reduced frequency keeping notes as to the impact.

In theory autophagy should initially reduce cellular energy production and then increase it with new mitochondria. You may find something like allicin helps to increase mitogenesis. Look for nutrutiion/supplements useful for creating new mitochondria.

2 Likes

Biocon is tested and good quality.

3 Likes

I only started on it a few weeks ago and am experimenting carefully. Others, like John, are much more knowledgeable. I’m more comfortable allowing 5-6 half lives to elapse between doses, but I’m also thinking about how to alternate between rather low weekly doses and high 3-4 week doses to hedge my bets. I don’t want to see lipid or glucose impacts or hamper my strength training. I put far too much effort into that to put the results at risk.

1 Like

@AgentSmith @John_Hemming @DeStrider
Thank you for all the suggestions.
Has anyone tried grapefruit juice yet? I saw some people suggested it, but I don’t know if anyone did. Not sure how much to drink (maybe a shot glass to start?)

$136/month for 12 pills doesn’t feel that cheap.

1 Like