How to Reverse Skin Aging

Have you tried dutasteride? Some people report feeling no sides on dutasteride when they couldn’t take finasteride.

2 Likes

Sadly, I’m just a dud when it comes of 5ar inhibitors. Dutasteride gave me unbelievable migraines that woke me up at night. I have thought about maybe trying topical or mesotherapy dutasteride but I’ve never gotten around to it.

3 Likes

Does anyone know more about DNA repair enzymes in topical skincare products? Allegedly reduces both photoaging AND skin cancer risk - although more research is needed to confirm the last part, see Six critical questions for DNA repair enzymes in skincare products: a review in dialog - PMC

On the hunt for a product, but the Aussie dollar is weak at the moment, and everything seems to be priced in US dollars… Would be good to get the views of anyone that’s done a deep dive on this. Seems to good to be true, but over to the brains trust

1 Like

Look into AR antagonists (e.g pyrilutamide, darolutamide) and AR PROTACs (e.g bavdegalutamide). Pyrilutamide is sold openly on the grey market, but you should absolutely test for legitimacy. Darolutamide and bavdegalutamide can be purchased by companies for research, but resourceful individuals can bypass this with minimal extra effort. Of course you can always try China, but then test everything twice.

Although pyrilutamide failed phase III, it’s likely this was due to the low concentration used, as the AR antagonist RU-58841 has a plethora of anecdotal success stories. Additionally, the AR PROTAC GT-20029 has recently passed phase II trials with good tolerability. PROTAC drugs work by targeting the protein they bind to (in this case the AR) for proteolysis.

2 Likes

I had good results from just a few months on adapolene. Acne reduced from not much to near zero, shaving rash significantly reduced, blackheads reduced, fine lines reduced, forehead expression lines less deep. I will say it required me to moisturise 2-3 times a day for the first few months.

I used tretinoin off an on for a couple of years, but I don’t think I saw any benefit and I couldn’t really tolerate it. It always caused redness and I never got past the starting dose of a a tiny bit once a week.
I tolerated adapolene much better from the start. Maybe a bit of sensitivity in the eyelids at first.

4 Likes

@Beth thanks for the recommendation, I ended up going with Dermatica

4 Likes

EXCELLENT! I hope you like it. That is exactly what I have. My skin seems to like more than other forms I’ve tried.

2 Likes
1 Like
4 Likes

@RapAdmin I started to use this Korean sunscreen for body and I like it. It’s a chemical sunscreen. It’s lightweight, has a fresh scent, and is easy to wash off.

Right now, there is a Prime Day Deal for this sunscreen.

9 Likes

Thank you! I’m completely sold on these Korean sunscreens - I can’t imagine ever going back to the lousy US sunscreens. But its nice to find some of the Korean brands with larger volumes and reasonable prices; they can be rather pricey. Picking up a couple of this Derma B to try out.

4 Likes

Amazon’s AI: “This sunscreen contains octocrylene which can harm coral reefs. I would recommend looking for a reef-safe sunscreen option if you are concerned about environmental impact.”

Are we concerned about environmental impact?

3 Likes

I don’t swim in the ocean - so not an issue for me.

3 Likes

Derma B is not waterproof as it washes off easily, so it’s not suited for swimming.

3 Likes

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S1742706122007589
this is what young peopel have (the homes for MSCs - capillaries) disappear with age. see “stem cell therapy a rising tide”
AC: They’re not published, and no one’s done a systematic study. It’s
hugely labor intensive to standardize the histological preparations for
you to get quantitative information. But the best data available has to
do with skin. If you take a skin biopsy from younger patients, you see
variegations at the junction of the dermis and epidermis—they’re
called rete ridges. Underneath the dermis are huge loops of
capillaries, which are what make baby skin the softest and most
wonderful skin to touch—it’s so highly vascularized because of these
deep ridges. You can tell the age of somebody by these ridges. If you
look at my skin biopsy, I don’t have any ridges anymore.

NR: So if you’re just looking at the skin, if you start with a baby at
100 in vascular density, at your age it would be what?
AC: I would say I’m at a two

2 Likes

I imagine you shower, though. I’m not an expert, but as I understand it, waterways can transmit chemical threats to ocean life, not just at oceanside.

2 Likes

Did I missed something? Which brands are you using?

Maybe the sunscreen causes something like hormesis:

It is hard to know what has already been discussed in this dreadfully long thread so ignore if you have tried this already. I had the same condition on my back and it was getting worse. I used CeraVe cream moisturizer every day which worked over about a month. Once the little itchy nodules dissipated I had hyperpigmented spots left which I treated with Cos de Baha Azelaic Acid 10% and Beauty of Joeseon Dynasty Cream, and they are almost faded away. I keep using the CereVe cream to keep them from coming back.

3 Likes

Has anyone here tried the smootheye, or Fonona lazer?