How to Reverse Skin Aging

One of the biggest reasons that I have heard for blood donation is that it helps you purge toxic ‘forever’ chemicals circulating in your blood. Of course you are just giving them to someone else though

I would think replacing your plasma would be more effective. However this is a fringe practice and it is hard to quantify any benefits. I’d stick with the ITP treatments as they have proven bang for the buck.

3 Likes

See discussion and research in this thread: Irina Conboy Plasmapheresis Webinar

2 Likes

Nice article on the use of topical rapamycin.

5 Likes

Anyone know what they used to deliver it deep in the skin, the main delivery chemical in the cream? Asking for a friend :grin:

This article summarizes the Drexel study posted elsewhere on the forum. The snippet below from the paper says the placebo was a DMSO cream, so I’m guessing DMSO was also used as a vehicle for the Rapa.

Participants enrolled in the study were provided with a container of rapamycin cream and a container of placebo (DMSO) in identical dispensers with labels for right or left hand and were instructed to apply the creams 0.5 cc (1 pump from the dispenser) to the dorsal side of each hand every 24 to 48 h in the evening before bed.

2 Likes

Transcutol is usually used. See this thread: Rapamycin May Slow Skin Aging (Drexel U. Study)

1 Like

The present study provides for the first time characterization of a 0.1% rapamycin cream formulation presenting good rapamycin solubilisation. The first step of the formulation is solubilisation of rapamycin in Transcutol1, and the second step is the incorporation of the mixture in an oil-in-water cream.

3 Likes

I understand the debate on DMSO and Transcutol with respect to being better absorbed into the blood stream with DMSO, but doesn’t it seem like they used DMSO in the Drexel study? Would they really have used Transcutol in the rapamycin formulation, and DMSO for the placebo?

From Materials and Methods section, the only place they mention DMSO

Participants enrolled in the study were provided with a container of rapamycin cream and a container of placebo (DMSO)

From the caption of Figure 1.

Topical rapamycin treatment reduces expression of the senescence regulator p16INK4A. Human skin was treated with a formulation of 10 μM rapamycin or an identical formulation containing a vehicle control for 6–8 months; 0.5 cc of formulation was applied daily.

They may have used DMSO in both the control and the cream, but there are some issues with DMSO, read this post: Rapamycin for Hair Growth and Hair Pigmentation - #320 by RapAdmin

It seems like transcutol is more often used in commercial derm formulations.

Note that the rapamycin is at least partial dissolved in a variety of oils. Mixing Transcutol, rapamycin and any of the oils will result in less rapamcyin penetrating the skin. Just say’n.
This might be acceptable to some people but we really don’t know how much the oils mixed with Transcutol affect the ability of the mixture to penetrate the dermal layers.

I am having very good results from taking rapamycin and using the mixture of Transcutol, rapamycin and water as a spray mist. I believe this allows for the Trancutol to carry rapamycin deeper into the skin.

The result of using this mixture on my head and hands has dramatically reduced appearances of actinic keratoses and a reduction of age spots on my hands. The reduction of age spots is one of the only “age reversal” properties of rapamycin that I have experienced as opposed to merely delaying aging.

I have recently added metformin to the mixture but haven’t seen any differences yet. I might have to increase the amount of metformin in the mixture.

8 Likes

Does anyone know where Ultrahilo can be purchased?

Just search on google shopping (or click on this link):

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=APwXEdf0lSaxPtjxiA0zfx954Uws2vqpUw:1683910066932&q=Ultrahilo&tbm=shop&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj32_3qnfD-AhUbADQIHaOrBBIQ0pQJegQIChAB&biw=1440&bih=764&dpr=2

1 Like

I bought it at cosmokorea.com. Delivery was very fast - 3-4 days only ($47 by FedEx). The price was $90 after 10% discount. The payment method was through WISE (bank transfer) with a small additional fee. It took couple hours to set up an account with WISE and get verified. After that finalizing purchase was fast.

3 Likes

Thank you @LaraPo, have you used it yet and if so do you like it?

Didn’t use it yet, but plan on using it soon. Will report after that. Unfortunately, cosmokorea doesn’t provide any recommendations on the best method to use (or at least I cannot find anything besides 1 video on YouTube).

@LaraPo I’ve found a few things I’ll share. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@LaraPo these are for profhilo but I believe it should be the same.

3 Likes

Please don’t do it yourself :sweat_smile: I would really advise against it. Injecting hyaluronic acid you should be really knowledgable in skin anatomy to inject it in the right skin layer and avoid any blood vessels since you can cause occlusions and consequently tissue death.

2 Likes

Maybe you are right. How do you make you spray? Do you use it daily?

From this Twitter thread https://twitter.com/adanguyenx/status/1656700890253000704?s=20

https://jeuneinc.com/

Marble Therapeutics - Marble Therapeutics Company Profile: Valuation & Investors | PitchBook
Here - Denitsa Milanova on MRBL – Gene Therapy for Skin Rejuvenation