How to heal gum recession or eroded tooth enamel?

Does it matter what brand it is? Wouldn’t the chemical composition of the active ingredient be the same for all brands?

1 Like

FWIW: I have tried two brands Biocon Rapacan and Zydus Sirolimus
They both had the same side effects when I took large doses.
Yes, I think the brand doesn’t matter if you get it from a reputable source.

1 Like

I use Dr. Reddy unless I am making skin cream.

1 Like

Zazim, Please explain your method making skin cream under the topic DIY Rapamycin skin cream . I would like to know your method. Thanks.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41415-020-1923-x

3 Likes

Interesting!

The team is preparing to launch clinical trials of a lozenge that contains a genetically engineered peptide, or chain of amino acids, along with phosphorus and calcium ions, which are building blocks of tooth enamel. The peptide is derived from amelogenin, the key protein in the formation of tooth enamel, the tooth’s crown. It is also key to the formation of cementum, which makes up the surface of the tooth root.

Each lozenge deposits several micrometers of new enamel on the teeth via the peptide, which is engineered to bind to the damaged enamel to repair it while not affecting the mouth’s soft tissue. The new layer also integrates with dentin, the living tissue underneath the tooth’s surface. Two lozenges a day can rebuild enamel, while one a day can maintain a healthy layer. The lozenge – which can be used like a mint – is expected to be safe for use by adults and children alike.

2 Likes

Just came back from my dental exam with a new dentist (my dentist of 25-years retired).

My new dentist was very impressed with my gum health and teeth! She took a full mouth scan x-ray and said that my teeth are extremely healthy - the white outline area is excellent - no gum issues.

I told her I was on rapamycin for 3-years which can rebuild bone and rejuvenate the gums in old mice studies. She was interested. She sees a lot of older people with mouth dental and gum issues.

2 Likes

I am really disappointed that dentists, materials scientists, and engineers haven’t worked out a way of embedding something like a micronized form of titanium dioxide into our teeth to strengthen them and make them whiter.

Even though I have always brushed my teeth several times a day, I have lost the battle to coffee and tea. They are not bad for someone my age, and I still have most of my teeth, it would be nice to see them brighter. At this point, they are ivory-looking and whiteners like peroxide and other bleachs just leave my gums sore without doing much. I really need to get ceramic veneers, but I cannot justify the price.

“According to the Mohs Hardness Scale, tooth enamel earns a 5. That means it’s about as hard, or harder, than steel.”
Titanium dioxide has a Mohs hardness of 5.5–7
Very white non-toxic.

“Titanium dioxide ((\mathrm{TiO}_{\mathrm{2}})) is generally considered non-toxic and non-carcinogenic to humans. It is a naturally occurring mineral that is mined from the earth, processed, and refined. It is used in various consumer products, including food, cosmetics, and pharmaceuticals.”

“Porcelain veneers range in price from $925 to $2,500, but average around $1500 per tooth.”

“Arhu” Where are you?

2 Likes

Netherlands, the price here is around 500-550 euro per tooth. Many people here go to Turkey for extensive work, never ever do that though as the work is terrible

This is standard turkish quality work. I hope it’s clear that the crowns don’t have proper margins as are partially open at the bottom, to hide the fact their crowns are terrible they did root canals on virtually all teeth, so you don’t feel is when the tooth under the crowns is rotting away. You can also clearly see the crown of the 27 poking into the 28, which they nicely left for me, causing a caries there, now I have to extract the 28 with the risk of damaging the construction, so I will be the one that fcked up not them…

And no it will never be possible to regenerate enamel or attachment on an existing tooth because the germ layer that forms these structures disappears. It might be easier to grown an entire new tooth that fixing an existing erupted tooth

3 Likes

I did post a reply on this topic and then thought it was really stupid and deleted it.
In doing so I broke one of my cardinal rules in that there is no such thing as a stupid suggestion or question….so here is what I deleted

“I have dental problems too, receding gum line.

I’ve always had this crazy idea of using a weak phenytoin mouthwash to ‘encourage’ gingival hyperplasia in a ‘controlled manner’

Phenytoin induces a decrease in the Ca2+ cell influx leading to a reduction in the uptake of folic acid, thus limiting the production of active collagenase.

It’s probably a really stupid idea, so don’t try this at home kids”

3 Likes

Yes, you need intact, clean uninfected cementum for attachment (as well as stem cells). You will only create a perfect environment for periodontitis and more attachment loss

2 Likes

At my last visit to the dental hygienist a measurement of gums indicated that my gum recession is reversing in parts of my mouth. Because I have a large number of interventions I cannot say which of them is causing this with total certainty. However, sucking soluble melatonin tablets does help deal with gum infection. I know that as it has quite a rapid effect and hence I have linked the cause to the effect.

I got gum recession on my two front teeth after starting flossing, I guess I injured the gums while flossing. Gum recession is a sign of increased biological aging IMO. To be clear I mean the gums between the teeth have receded, I don’t know if this is the same thing.

1 Like

More gingiva (due to hyperplasia or gingivitis) will reduce recession but it is impossible for new attachment to grow. To grow new attachment, you need intact clean cementum, pdl ligament (for the stem cells) and bone.

1 Like

Any views on either micro or nano Hydroxyapatite from you dentists out there?