How Selegiline ((-)-Deprenyl) Slows Brain Aging

Hi Jay, I’ve been swallowing 1/4 pill. Someone here suggested that by swallowing it I might tolerate it better. I restarted it just a couple weeks ago and this time has been a lot more positive so far. I believe my initial perceived negative response earlier this year had more to do with the gluten exposures I was unknowingly having at work for a couple months tbh.

I swallow 1/4 (1.25mg) of a tab as well and wonder if it’s enough. I recently turned 38 so perhaps I don’t need as much as most, but I still want the benefits.

1 Like

I’m considering trying a half pill (2.5mg) 4x weekly after reading the wiki since I recently turned 54.

2 Likes

I read that some take 5mg twice weekly.
I wonder what would be different?

1 Like

I’m up for experimenting. Thanks for the suggestion!

1 Like

I’ll start an experiment with this tomorrow morning. I found a couple sources that said it is completely water soluble, so I may dissolve some in water, shake it up, let the fillers settle to the bottom, and then draw a precise dose with a medicine dropper. The same technique used for low-dose naltrexone.

I intend on taking it with breakfast: “There is at least a 3-fold increase in the Cmax and area under the concentration-time curve of selegiline with food.”

2 Likes

Selegiline - Continue Education Statpearls

2 Likes

Answer here: Depression and mental health: what do you use? - #99 by adssx

1 Like