HOMA-IR Score of 1.8

Hello Everyone,

New to the sight. Love all of the great useful information I have been reading.

Recently met with Dr. Alan Green with regards to taking Rapamycin for longevity and healthspan.

I am a 41 year old made in what I consider to be very healthy 6’2", 185lbs, 34" waistline, and in good physical condition. Alan Green had me have some blood work taken and here are some of the results.

Cholesterol Total - 150
Triglyceride - 50
HDL - 39
LDL - 102
Chol/HDL Ratio - 3.9

Glucose 108
Insulin Total Level 6.7
A1C - 5.2
EST AVG Glucose (EAG) - 103
HOMA-IR - 1.8

ALT - 28
AST - 13

Alan Green was intrigued because given my age and physical condition/health, my HOMA-IR was elevated. Was also intrigued by my ALT/AST numbers. Even though he said the numbers are in the normal range, typically the numbers are flipped.

He recommended taking Rapamycin on a weekly dose of 6mg’s and a low carb diet.

Anyone have any thoughts? I look forward to any feedback.

Thanks,

Pat

1 Like

I think Dr. Green is right on the money. You may experience elevated LDL and HBA1C after starting Rapamycin though. Just be aware of it.

You could also do 2mg + grapefruit juice 1 hour beforehand if you want to cut costs.

Thanks for the response. Would it be worth it for me to see someone that specializes in Insulin Resistance prior to starting the Rapamycin regiment?

Pat

I know that I have a problem with high blood sugar after taking Rapamycin, therefore I take Metformin and Acarbose to balance that out.

I’ll find out in 6 months how that’s going.

What’s the 2mg + grapefruit juice do?

Pat

See this regarding “what does grapefruit juice do”: Improve Bioavailability of Rapamycin (2)

1 Like