Has anyone tried Prodrome Sciences? How to increase choline plasmalogens and gastrointestinal fatty acids?

BLOOD TESTING

I designed the ProdromeScan blood test to be a reasonably comprehensive introduction to the biochemical basis of health and disease. The ProdromeScan blood test is a balance of advanced and traditional biomarkers. The advanced, clinically validated biomarkers come from my numerous patents, scientific publications, clinical trial collaborations around the world. These biomarkers are only available in the ProdromeScan test. The ProdromeScan blood test also includes key traditional biomarkers as well. However, the ProdromeScan blood test integrates and explains these biomarkers according to their role in the biochemical mechanisms of health and disease and in relation to the other biomarkers in the ProdromeScan blood test. The ProdromeScan blood test is designed to help you achieve optimal biochemical health and keep it.

I supplemented plasmalogens, which increased ethanolamine plasmalogens but not choline plasmalogens…

In my quest to maintain cognitive function throughout my lifespan (I’m 70 year old APOE4/4), I take the Plasmalogen supplement from Prodrome, and Phosphatidylcholine from Bodybio and Quicksilver Scientific (I alternate these 2 brands). I’d be curious to know if the Prodrome blood test results come with detailed recommendations to optimize biomarkers?

2 Likes

Hi Karina,

Do you do any regular cognitive testing to track how your brain is doing? Can you share the tests that you do, if you do take any?

Do you have any results you can share from taking the Plasmalogen Supplements?

Related: Eating "SeaSquirts" (for Plasmalogens) reverse signs of Aging?

I do regular BoCA testing just in case I were to start “slipping”. https://boca2.alz.life/. I also play Lumosity brain training games and still score in the 97.1 percentile for my age. While there is debate about whether such brain training games are effective, playing “Train of Thought” at Level 14 requires a lot of speed, attention and agility to score and a drop in my percentile placing or performance score would be a bit alarming to me. I can’t speak to how effective the plasmalogen supplements are, but I have read enough about them (apart from listening to various podcasts featuring Dr. Goodenow) that I am certain they don’t harm me but indeed offer some extra protection since those with the highest plasmalogen levels have the lowest rates of AD. I am not leaving too many stones unturned in my quest to keep my APOE4 genes in check.

1 Like

There are some negative reviews.

https://forums.apoe4.info/viewtopic.php?p=85852#p85852

https://www.reddit.com/r/longevity/comments/uozkva/plasmalogens/i8i70yp/

besides it’s curious that there are many stories doctors recommending expensive supplements Prodrome, Mitopure and BodyBio. Are doctors paid by supplement companies to recommend the supplements to patients?

2 Likes

Bone marrow has alkyglycerol; maybe not in the same quantities as shark liver oil. (SLO).

Where did you buy ethanolamine plasmalogens?

To partly answer your original questions, based on lectures posted on Dr. Goodenowe’s website:

1. Choline plasmalogens are around 10% as plentiful in healthy humans as ethalomine plasmalogens, and cells have a slow mechanism.to convert one type to the other without involving the perixome that is damaged by aging, so Dr Goodenowe feels supplementing with the Ethalomine Plasmalogen precursors he sells will eventually raise the levels of both, but it may take much longer (months?) to raise the former vs just days of supplementation to raise the latter.

2. Dr Goodenowe has no suggested supplement to raise GTA levels (I would have guessed a probiotic is needed), but says the BDMC curcumin fraction has a similar chemical structure and acts as a substitute for GTA.

According to this paper Choline Plasmalogen levels can be raised by supplementing myo-inositol 5g/day (presumably in addition to a Choline supplement) which boosted peroxisomal production of Choline Plasmalogen : https://www.researchgate.net/publication/221929201_Serum_Choline_Plasmalogen_is_a_Reliable_Biomarker_for_Atherogenic_Status