Guy 77 Yrs Old, mostly healthy, thinking of starting Rapamycin

Because any failure of dose efficacy of an FDA approved provider of generic Rapamycin for transplant patients would result in a widely noted increase in mortality, I rest assured that the Dr. Reddy (and 3 other FDA approved) brands are delivering what’s expected. As i may have mentioned, i stated on 1mg the first year, 2mg the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th year… and 3-4mg this 5th year. Now also recall i take this with 8oz of GF Juice, and expect a 3x increase in blood levels of this med.
Strangely my PSA which rose over 4yrs from 1.9 to 6 (this last Sept) due to a non aggressive (Gleeson = 6) adenocarcinoma of the prostate (biopsied 2019) has dropped 6mon ago to 2.6 and 2.1 (last week). Not sure the improvement will last but Dr. Green upped my dose recommendation to 10mg…9mos ago… to show the progression.

3 Likes

You can’t really see if you’re an outlier by testing 2 hours after ingestion because you have no idea how close you are to the peak. It’s far better to test at 24 or 48 hours and then compare to other people. But testing at 2 hours is fine if you just want to make sure the drug you’re taking contains rapamycin.

1 Like

If the peak is 1-3 hours I would test at 3. (for certainty)

1 Like

Greg
since this thread started some weeks ago I have done 2 wks w the Indian Biocon product , having no experience with R the first dose 2mg shockingly almost immediately gave my 2 arthritic fingers relief , next was 3mg a full day headache , noted in another post , but fingers still pretty good , amazing actually
maybe I lucked out w a good batch !?

3 Likes

If you don’t mind me asking, the figures quoted at the end of your post, are they from weighing scales, and if so could you give me details ?

I have been looking for a set of scales that give a breakdown of body fat components as a percentage.