Grey Hair turning Black again after 10 years

More impressive than the color change is the increase in hair density!

2 Likes

i think i noticed and is also written other places that if do rapamycin topically ofcourse with the other agents to make a topicaly solution say at 1/2 or 1 percent rapa where u want it will help keep ones natural pigment such as when they were younger.

I bought this brand to make an 8-light source from a bathroom light fixture also bought on Amazon. I have since mounted it horizontally because I got tired of standing in one place for twenty minutes. The power density of the lamps is 140 mW/cm² @ 6inch, which is in the range of many studies.

4 Likes

FWIW…

Before

After one month

This is a “no brainer”!

2 Likes

It appears that there are two mechanisms that promote hair growth and pigmentation.

Firstly, autophagy is stimulated by Rapamycin through the inhibition of mTOR. Autophagy initiates the activation of hair follicles and promotes hair regeneration.

Secondly, Rapamycin targets senescent follicles, which are associated with a type of hair loss known as senescent alopecia. Senescent cells are cells that have ceased dividing and entered a state of permanent growth arrest. They naturally accumulate in various tissues, including the scalp. When senescent cells accumulate in the scalp, they can contribute to hair loss through multiple pathways.

In the coming months, I plan to incorporate topical rapamycin into my skin/scalp care routine.

3 Likes

Perhaps a job for @desertshores rapamycin / retin A spray?

2 Likes

What type of red light do you recommend? What about these red light hats?

1 Like

For hair regrowth, did you still use 20 minutes in the morning and at night? Or did you use a longer amount of time under the red light?

What’s the optimal distance between the light and scalp?

Thanks!

@Joseph thank you for the pictures: much appreciated. And looks terrific (I have been considering a red light but I am also not (yet) using anything else outside of GlyNAC (no impact) and weightlifting and other exercise. A few questions:

is the person on the pictures you? A family member? Just wondering if the person in the pictures used the protocol you mentioned a few weeks (months?) ago. (Sorry if this is a personal question.)

I saw in a post a few weeks (months?) ago you said you ordered a red light and I assume you used it regularly since then (hence the question above). Was red light the only protocol you used to achieve these results? Or (I assume) are you on Rapamycin (as are most people on this forum) and other compounds as well which may have together created a greater impact?

Thanks for the info.

2 Likes

forceofnature take a look at my posts I have an amazon product that is about $40 bucks. I use several lights that are mounted around my favorite chair. I use it at least 20 minutes in the morning with coffee and at least 20 minutes at night drinking beer!
I say at least because it is more like 40 minutes or more.

In terms of “optimal distance”. I think the real answer is to have radiation levels akin to those from the sun. Too much can be a problem and too little would not have much of an effect.

I am using Red and Near Infra red as there seems to be some merit to near infra red as well (all the cytochrome c oxidase exciting the copper atom stuff).

I use a carelamps P450

2 Likes

I purchased the red light bulb from Amazon listed above. I thought I would try it out in a lamp first on my scalp. I don’t want to fry my hair though. Any optimal distance recommendations?

I have have had grey hair 65-70% or my head and I too have new hair that’s black. Small follicles not many . And frankly, I didn’t want my gray hair to turn black because I’ve been coloring it for years and have it down to a science. So I thought I was going crazy when I started seeing all the follicles coming in so dark and I’ve read about 10 medical papers on it with all the technical terms and it appears that not everyone has that side effect. And they’ve used topical rapamycin to gain hair follicle growth, but I’m not doing that at all. I’m taking 6 mg eight weeks on five weeks off every Friday.
And I Just finished my third round.

3 Likes

Yep! All my new growth is coal black!

Never have been anything but a rusty brown to blonde haired guy. At least it is growth.

Here is another person’s posts on this topic on X, what do you think? I’ve never heard of anything like this for Omega 3:

Source: https://x.com/yeeseak/status/1730934129888530941?s=20

2 Likes

Ummm… this obviously is a wig on a styrafoam head base.

Unless the woman sold her hair??? LOL

3 Likes

Do i understand it correctly that the only change you made is taking orally Rapamycin? Could you clarify how old you are and your gender?
Thanks a lot

1 Like

The black hair you see could also be your normal black hair just growing after it had just shed. I have NOT experienced any less graying on RAPA. However, I do feel adding copper, zinc and perhaps the DAV protocol have reduced my gray hair by about 10-15%. To be fair in addition to above that I mentioned I also added Enclomiphene citrate, and metformin and I’m not sure if these two helped or not. But to recap I can easily see a reduction on grey hair in last month or so and during this period I’ve added the following:
Zinc, copper, DAV protocol, fresh garlic and fresh ginger daily, metformin and Enclomiphene Citrate. Don’t know exac which has helped most but I am certain that I have at least 10-20% less grey hair. Even my beard used to be 70-80% grey and now is more like salt and pepper look50/50 or worst 55/45. I still do Rapa and many other supplements but I know it has no effect since I’ve been doing for long time and never sow any effect.

2 Likes

I have given up looking for hair darkening. I kept believing I saw it happening at the roots but the “darker” hair never really showed up. Maybe if I stop watching, the kettle will boil.

1 Like

I keep my hair under review because it is a reasonably rapid reponse to changes in protocol. I find it rare that the colour of a strong white hair becomes pigmented, but vellus hairs which are weak white hairs do become pigmented. I use a usb macro camera which costs about gbp100.

1 Like