For a 42-year-old male, what is the optimal weekly dosage of repamycin to achieve longevity effects?

Hello,every one,for a 42-year-old male, what is the optimal weekly dosage of repamycin to achieve longevity effects?

I would greatly appreciate any recommendations or advice from anyone.

2 Likes

it is highly personal. There is not much of clinical evidence on different doses and dosing schedules for antiaging and longevity in humans. Do the research on this forum, I think most take weekly doses of 5-10 mg… or every other week and double the dose. But I would advise to start slowly, increase and reevaluate.

My mantra since started (6 weeks into rapamycin journey and I am 47 years old male) has been

ATM I am at 5 mg weekly and I will stay at this dose for a while, might increase it to 6 mg. Not planning to go higher. I am playing with the idea of doubling the dose and take it every two weeks.
There is a lots of resource on this site regarding side effects, desired and unwanted, but bottom end is dosing is to frequent or too high when unwanted side effects are present or worrisome. I decided not to worry about plasma lipids on the short term (3-6 months) and reevaluate later, but some people make a big deal about dyslipidemia caused by rapamycin. To regulate blood sugar I decided to take acarbose as well and have been contemplating about adding empaglifozin as well. Maybe statins if I will develop chronic dyslipidemia that will not subside after some time. I won’t worry too much for a year or two if all other factors would not point to ASCVD.

2 Likes

I am 63 and I try a wide range of approaches for improving health at a cellular level including Rapamycin. Different people have different views. My own view about Rapamycin is that most of the time you want mTOR to function normally. Hence I take it infrequently. At the moment I take it about every 3-4 months. That is probably too infrequently to be properly useful, however.

1 Like

I’m 45 amd I take 10mg per week. I haven’t had any noticable effects at all, good or bad. I started at 1mg and increased by 1mg per week until my current dose.

I suspect that effects aren’t as noticable if you’re younger and in goos shape already, but it seems that everyone reacts differently.

2 Likes

Any noticeable changes in bloods @Phil_Van_Treuren ?

1 Like

I take 3 mg + GFJ + EVOO. I have had noticeable effects the most common being euphoric fatigue and canker sores. I do feel a lot healthier though, but I was not in great health at the start. 47 yo.

2 Likes

Hi and welcome to the site. See the discussion thread on Dosing here: What is the Rapamycin Dose / Dosage for Anti-Aging or Longevity?

We don’t yet know the optimal dosing for humans for longevity. all we have are the animal studies done so far, and a couple small human clinical trials for immune function. So, we are all trying things out.

1 Like

I just want to share some information on this, from Brian Kennedy. John mentioned he wants “mTOR to function normally” - and thats sort of correct, but I think he’s misinterpreting what “normal” function is later in life (e.g. as people age).

What Brian Kennedy suggests is that as people age the “basal state” of mTOR activation rises… and this is harmful. Basically, what rapamycin is doing is returning mTOR back down to the basal levels of a more youthful person - which is the best scenario. You still want periodic activation of mTOR (when eating, exercising, etc), but you don’t want it turned on all the time.

See this video, queued up to the discussion on mTOR modulation:

4 Likes

Its hard to measure directly, but I think you can see the impact in the glucose handling (for example). What we need is more autophagy. Inhibiting mTOR provides that. It also has other effects.

2 Likes