Feedback on Ben Bikman's questionable claim to not take Rapamycin

Well, I sure hope so. I’m on it too, but half your dose.

1 Like

How much rapa were you taking?

1 Like

Hello!

Ex Bodybuilder here, 31 years old, 100kg, 10% bodyfat. Been taking Rapamyin for 6 months, 6mg/week, and off steroids or 6 months, 100% natural.
Im also on CR 5 days a week, Caloric surplus for 2 days a week.
In this 6 months i notice i lost some muscle and strenght, but nothing significant, i would estimate 10% lost.
I think that for a guy that was 100kg, 3% body-fat, in the last competicion, losing only 10% muscle is very good.

Just wanted to share my experience, i assume is alot different, could be interessting to you guys.

3 Likes

My case here is, i thing Rapa will cause muscle loss if you dont train, but if you weightlift regularly, you will be able to mantain.
I see people coming off steroids and lose 50% of muscle, and dont do Rapamycin ou Calorie Restricion, so i think weightlifting is the most important here!

4 Likes

Fantastic to have a competitive bodybuilder chime in! Do you have any experience trying to gain muscle while on rapamycin? Or what about cutting fat? Matt Kaberline just reiterated what others have said that rapa seems to help with fat loss.

@Jim_M, I typically take 3mg weekly. I’ve experimented with other doses but 3mg seems good for my weight.

2 Likes

My mom is 88 and around 100lbs. She intends to take 3mg as well. We’ll see how it works for her.
Thks

1 Like

Keep us posted. It is always interesting to hear how older people react/benefit from anti-aging therapies.

Do you have a washout or are you taking Rapa constantly and what is cr?

@Deeinflorida I started with weekly dosing and after about 6 months I tried out taking it 2-3 times per week for a while. During that time period I’d either take 1mg M-W-F or 2mg Monday and 1mg Thursday. I think that was a probably a mistake for me because of my bedside clinical work at the hospital with respiratory patients. I just did a wash out of 1 month from mid February to mid March of this year and moving forward I’m going to try out an every 21 day dosing schedule like @John_Hemming just because it will be easier to avoid any potential immune suppression around my work shifts. I’m not sure I mentioned cr? If cr means calorie restriction then I don’t do that. I tried it for a couple of weeks and it’s not for me. I actually have been eating in a surplus since the beginning of this year because my weight got down to 94 pounds. I’m back up to 100 now which I think is healthier for me.

3 Likes

Ex-Competitive, i would love to continue to BB at a Pro level, but i love my life too much for that, i dont want to lose 30 years of life.
Still did not try to gain muscle, becouse i had to much to maximize longevity, im just trying to not lose it now that im 100% off Steroids and TRT.
What i notice is that even going 100% natural and using Rapamycin 6mg/week, i did not lose a significant amount of muscle, not even 10%. The amount of muscle i had + no exogenous test + CR + Rapa, i would expect to lose alot of muscle, but it dint happen.
So i think that Rapa does not impact significantly muscle if you continue to train.

4 Likes

About fat loss, i did not notice any change, but i was already super lean, 10% bodyfat. But i notice 1 thing, in the days i go on a surplus of calories, i dont so much weight when i do Rapa.

That’s quite something, and it’s consistent with what we expect regarding protection against sarcopenia, but your particular story is very unique and valuable in that you have so much more muscle than an average person. It’s encouraging that someone with a truly elite level of musculature has found rapamycin to be beneficial. Thanks again for sharing.

3 Likes

Happy to share, i learn alot here in this forum, is 1 of my main resources to learn about longevity with is the area that im now focusing to reverse all the damage a did on my Bodybuilding carrer.

Thanks man!

3 Likes