Does Rapamycin lower eGFR?

Congrats for your kidney success, what dose of rapamycin were you using when you said “low doses”?

3 Likes

@Jonas, I take five mg per week, all in a single dose.

2 Likes

Does Rapamycin lower eGFR?”*
N=1 of course, but rapamycin over a 22-month span seems to have either had no effect or increased my eGFR. The reason I can’t say for sure is because as a member of this forum I, of course, have been inspired to add other probable life-extending supplements.
My latest blood tests are all now in the normal range and most are improving including eGFR.

3 Likes

eGFR is calculated from either Creatinine or Cystatin-C or a mixture of the two. Creatinine is really vulnerable to things like exercise and time between sample and test. Cystatin-C also has issues according to a nephrologist friend of mine.

However, getting Kidneys to work better has to be a key healthspan target.

2 Likes

@Paul, How did your GFR go from 40 to 80? Any special diet or medication? Thanks.

Not casting shade here, @desertshores, but it’s easier to go from 70 to 90 than from 30 to 50, say, or even 30 to 40, which is roughly equivalent to the size of your improvement. Still, your numbers are impressive. They mean you are doing many things right, augmented by the supplements.

1 Like

CKD is about kidney cells not functioning. Quite a bit of that is about senescence and scarring.

Hence reversing that (which is part of age relating diseases) would help.

1 Like

Clearly was directly related to starting rapamycin. Had been low for over 5 years prior to starting it and has staying high since

2 Likes

Not bragging about it. Merely publishing an n=1 result of using rapamycin.

2 Likes