DIY Rapamycin skin cream

BTW, what is the commercial name for transcutol or where can I get it? Thx.

I have not seen any improvements in skin quality (eg thickening of thinning skin) from my topical rapamycin formula on hands or face.

Do you still use the dasatinib spray also?

I read one article where rapamycin was used that showed actual changes in subdermal layers of skin from the Rapamycin that were evident microscopically.

Itā€™s inordinately difficult to show changes in skin, moisturizing plumps the upper layer, light changesā€¦ Yet, that article impressed me that deep in the skin things like improvements in elastin were taking places.

The true effects of Rapamycin might be more in preventing age-related skin thinning, or skin maintenanceā€¦ weā€™ll see

2 Likes

Note: Transcutol has a number of different chemical names/identifiers. Here is a list: 2-(2-Ethoxyethoxy)ethanol: Ethoxydiglycol, 3,6-dioxa-1-octanol, DEGEE, diethylene glycol monoethyl ether, Carbitol, Carbitol Cellosolve, Transcutol, Dioxitol, Polysolv DE, Dowanal DE

Chemical Identifier: CAS Number 111-90-0

Where you can order / buy Transcutol from:
LotionCrafters: Transcutol / Ethoxydiglycol
Laballey.com: Transcutol / Diethylene Glycol Monoethyl Ether

2 Likes

does it matter if the Transcutol is in granule format or should I get the liquid ones only?

Liquid - youā€™re using it to dissolve the rapamycin in before mixing it with a regular commercial skin cream like CeraVe.

3 Likes

My personal choice is liquid

2 Likes

Finally made a batch. Using coffee filter is messy. What other filter paper are there? Also the liquid sting a little like alcohol. It has an oily sort of feel. Is that correct? Any advantage in increasing the strength?

Thx

Some of us donā€™t use filters at all. I trust that the crushed tablets dissolve sufficiently in the transcutol.

2 Likes

When I crush the Zydus tablets there are small flakes of white film like substance left over that donā€™t seem to dissolve (at least not quickly) and Iā€™m assuming thats the coating that improves the bioavailability.

I didnā€™t worry too much about it, and just mixed it in after the powder from the tablet was fully dissolved, and put it all into the CereVe cream I use. But I think some people might have used some sort of fine grained metal tea strainer or similar type of filter.

2 Likes

What improvements have you noticed? Personally Iā€™m hoping to target the psoriasis which I have on my scalp and ear. Even though they are not severe Iā€™ll like to get rid of them.

Where can I find Dr. Greens formula? Thank you.

1 Like

Hi and thank you for this great site

I have 30 grams of sirolimus coming to me from India which I ordered to make cream, and based on the COA I believe it is very high quality. And now I realize it is a BOATLOAD of sirolimus and I donā€™t have the instruments to make a fraction of a % blendā€¦RapAdmin (or anybody) I noticed that you made a cream with some powder.

Transcutol is also on its way to me - I have everything in mid-July.

My initial idea is to measure 1 millilitre of sirolimus powder (with a measuring spoon) and put that into a 100 ml transcutol/something else base for an approximate 1% solution. From there I can measure out liquid and dilute even furtherā€¦what do you think of that?

Have you put your method and recipe? If so, can you direct me to that place, or then share with me or publicly how you did it?

On a side note.

I have lots 5 mg sirolimus tablets that I am taking 2 of weekly with GFJ - getting a rash on my stomach from it I believe - which actually makes me a little happy because at least I know it is working.

And now, what to do with 30 g of sirolimus, it will be in my freezer for A LONG TIME!

:wink:

3 Likes

Fantastic. Just curious (as you are the first person here to buy the powder from India), how much did the 30G cost?

When I make my rapamycin skin cream I just use a small amount of transcutol (like 10 to 20ml) to dissolve it (mix for quite some time with a mechanical mixer) and then mix with an over the counter skin cream like a 500ML CeraVe container which last me 3 or so months. Generally if you read up on Transcutol, its typically used in the 5% to 10% of the total mixture in commercial formulations. Also, You donā€™t want to make too much (of the total mixture) at one time, because if left out (not in a refrigerator) it will go bad.

1 Like

The cost of 30 grams was 800 USD (25 USD per gram + FedEx delivery). You need to provide them with some documentation about what you will do with it as well.

How much powder do you put into the 500ML CeraVe and how do you measure it? Is your powder 100% pure?

Thanks for the advice!!

2 Likes

I didnā€™t look at your lab tests to see if there are possible impurities you donā€™t want to take internally. But as a possibility if you wanted to use it in much smaller doses, say 5mg pills, Iā€™d cut it with a safe filler. I donā€™t know what the consistency it is but find something relatively similar: for instance if it is very powdery, maybe try creatine or flour or granulated sugar. Maybe glycine or dextrose if more granular, etc. i might take 10g and mix 2kg - 10g) of the other in (1/200h or 5mg per g). Mix VERY VERY thoroughly and much longer than you think is enough wear n95 mask ā€” what it is actually used for ā€” and eye protection and probably glloves). . So if I did that right each gram of new mix should be 5mg. Just put them into capsules (there are kits for this). I see some people have pill making as a hobby and the tools are all set up. Youā€™ll end up with 2000 5mg pills (the 10g) so it will be a seriously tedious process.

Sorry, it occurred to me that you meant you donā€™t have a scale sensitive enough to measure 1 to 10 g. So I apologize. But if you have a scale accurate from 0.5g to 20g this is more than enough. That, and you have to believe the 2kg bag is actually 2kg, but youā€™ll figure this out at the end by the number of 1g pills you get and recalibrate your amount per pill.

On a side note for people thinking of doing this: 1) Iā€™ve thought long and hard about doing this as I have a background in biochem/chem but have never done this. And 2) Iā€™d personally feel safer using already made pills because if accuracy and consistency, but mire because they are specifically developed for human consumption. The powder may be for human consumption, but may be mislabeled research use (ie could have some impurities in there because they werenā€™t intended for human consumption, and without an NMR and/or mass spec, it would be near impossible to tell.

1 Like

Thank you for your thoughtful reply. But we have some crossed wires. With my powder I want to make a creamā€¦not take it internally. I am just trying to get a feeling of what other people with actual powder do to make their cream.

But still, you took time for me and I appreciate it and will come back to your words if and when I wish to take my powder internally. I think that then, though, I would probably make some kind of liquid rather than a powderā€¦but all of that is a ways off.

First the cream.

Thanks again. Brett

I use a jewelry scale I picked up off amazon - see link below:

https://www.amazon.com/Smart-Weigh-GEM20-Precision-Milligram/dp/B00ESHDGOI/

You can easily measure out .1% of 500ML (off the top of my head I think that converts to 500g, so 5 grams would be 1%, and 500mg would be 0.1%, 50mg for 0.01%).

No powder is 100% pure, but it doesnā€™t really matter for topical formulations. In studies theyā€™ve shown that these topical rapamycin formulations with transcutol do not get into the blood, so its really just a matter of if possible contaminants might cause skin irritation, and Iā€™ve not run into that.

2 Likes