DIY Rapamycin skin cream

BTW, what is the commercial name for transcutol or where can I get it? Thx.

I have not seen any improvements in skin quality (eg thickening of thinning skin) from my topical rapamycin formula on hands or face.

Do you still use the dasatinib spray also?

I read one article where rapamycin was used that showed actual changes in subdermal layers of skin from the Rapamycin that were evident microscopically.

It’s inordinately difficult to show changes in skin, moisturizing plumps the upper layer, light changes… Yet, that article impressed me that deep in the skin things like improvements in elastin were taking places.

The true effects of Rapamycin might be more in preventing age-related skin thinning, or skin maintenance… we’ll see

2 Likes

Note: Transcutol has a number of different chemical names/identifiers. Here is a list: 2-(2-Ethoxyethoxy)ethanol: Ethoxydiglycol, 3,6-dioxa-1-octanol, DEGEE, diethylene glycol monoethyl ether, Carbitol, Carbitol Cellosolve, Transcutol, Dioxitol, Polysolv DE, Dowanal DE

Chemical Identifier: CAS Number 111-90-0

Where you can order / buy Transcutol from:
LotionCrafters: Transcutol / Ethoxydiglycol
Laballey.com: Transcutol / Diethylene Glycol Monoethyl Ether

2 Likes

does it matter if the Transcutol is in granule format or should I get the liquid ones only?

Liquid - you’re using it to dissolve the rapamycin in before mixing it with a regular commercial skin cream like CeraVe.

3 Likes

My personal choice is liquid

2 Likes

Finally made a batch. Using coffee filter is messy. What other filter paper are there? Also the liquid sting a little like alcohol. It has an oily sort of feel. Is that correct? Any advantage in increasing the strength?

Thx

Some of us don’t use filters at all. I trust that the crushed tablets dissolve sufficiently in the transcutol.

2 Likes

When I crush the Zydus tablets there are small flakes of white film like substance left over that don’t seem to dissolve (at least not quickly) and I’m assuming thats the coating that improves the bioavailability.

I didn’t worry too much about it, and just mixed it in after the powder from the tablet was fully dissolved, and put it all into the CereVe cream I use. But I think some people might have used some sort of fine grained metal tea strainer or similar type of filter.

2 Likes

What improvements have you noticed? Personally I’m hoping to target the psoriasis which I have on my scalp and ear. Even though they are not severe I’ll like to get rid of them.

Where can I find Dr. Greens formula? Thank you.