Discussion on the Idea of Creating Categories for this Forum

I also think current format seems like its working well. I see no problem having longevity news/discussions or even health news in general as well as RAPA. As we can see most of the discussion are about RAPA with people branching out on other topics as it relates to RAPA. So, I do think there is benefit in any discussion as long as the topic is health and longevity related. As an example, I’ve learned quite a bit just by reading posts in here, and not just rapa related.

2 Likes

Apologies but as a new member to this forum, I’m still going through all the unread posts.

I don’t think this forum needs categories yet, the search function works great, and a lot of the posts would be a nightmare to categorise.

Ive said it once but I’ll say it again, I love :two_hearts: this site.

4 Likes

I also joined the group after this discussion started (and ended?). I admit to feeling some confusion over the limits to subject matter when I was new. Is it only about rapamycin or is it about longevity? Rapamycin is quite specific while longevity excludes little that is related to health.

I think the real value is the people. The regular people who provide (data based) information is the primary value to me now. Of course the database of FAQ about rapamycin was amazingly useful at first. But there isn’t much new to talk about after a while if the conversation is limited to rapamycin.

I have landed on the longevity side of the scale. I figure people can ignore (use the notification settings) whatever they are NOT interested in and they can block me if they don’t want to see what I post. I will do the same.

My 2 cents is I do not think more structure would make the forum better but would make the forum more intimidating for new users (especially the rule followers).

Bonus question: why so few “likes” on posts? Do people not want to commit to a like that will go on the official record even though they are using a made up name? My rule is: if I got value (including simple entertainment) from a post, I “like” it unless I completely disagree with the content.

4 Likes