Dietary fiber and olive oil -- any downsides?

It is odd that it doesn’t reduce cardiovascular mortality. If the main reason for taking statins is to reduce your cholesterol levels and niacin does the same thing, you would probably expect the same cardiovascular mortality results.
Do you have a theory or know why this is not the case?

Yes. There hasn’t been a drug trial yet of any drug that increases HDL cholesterol showing a mortality benefit.
HDL’s aren’t created equally. It would appear that HDL with anti inflammatory capacity is the beneficial type, not just your standard Hdl. I’m assuming that interventions like niacin aren’t producing the valuable sub type.

This is only one article of several that I have read lately that indicates that HDL levels may not be very important. I first started to wonder about this when it did not appear on the Levine age calculator spreadsheet,
Rethinking good cholesterol - Harvard Health.

1 Like

Good article. Pretty much agree with it.

In my view;

You do not need to take any statin.

The fact is there are a plethora of other molecules/compounds to use. Without the problems caused by statins.

3 Likes

Could you provide a list?
I’d rather not take any statin

2 Likes

I’ll start.

Amla
Citrus bergamot
Lycopene over 25 mg’s
Flax at 30 grams or 4 tbls per day
Taurine possibly
Oats
Psyllium
Red yeast rice

4 Likes

Add

Grape Seed Extract

Nician {nicotinic acid]

Policosanol

Garlic Extract / aged fermented black garlic

Ginger

Vitamin E - Tocotrienols

French Marine Pine Bark Extract
and Gotu Kola - combined/taken together.

*Pterostilbene
*For protection of vascular endothelial cells against oxidized low-density lipoprotein.

If you do some research you would locate more compounds.

3 Likes

Review William B. Parsons Jr. MD book;

“Cholesterol Control Without Diet!”

The book on using nician.

Posted a scanned PDF copy at;

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kbdV3NuwIzToUqCn0fdUmb5BhLAzi2ai/view?usp=drivesdk

I’m not very familiar with policosinol. Do you take it Joseph?

FWIW

Yes, I take 200mg a day. Purchased a brand on Amazon that is 50mg per capsule

I saw in Cuban back in 1995, before people ever heard about it.

Extracted from sugar cane

1 Like

Very controversial isn’t it?

Controversial because where the original study’s came from, CUBA.

More like prejudice/bias, because of the Country.

1 Like

Thank you. I will read it.

Thank you very much, Y’all are amazing!

1 Like

I quit buying health products on Amazon. Too many fake rice powder supplements. God only knows what people are ingesting in their bodies.

Be careful.

It’s safer to buy direct and the companies make a better profit when you buy direct.

Example: I bought (amazon) Sports Research brand astaxanthin 60 capsules, took 1/day and ran out after 5 weeks. I’m not great at math but that’s not 60.

Another example, Spermadine wheat extract from Energecko on Amazon:

Spermidine Wheat Germ Extract… Amazon.com

This is some Chinese guy in a basement in the UK that keeps changing his store on Amazon because people are leaving bad reviews. See the link from Reddit below that lists Energecko as fake along with a bunch of other brands.

This is worth reading :point_down:t3:

I buy most of my supplements from life extension and double wood companies now.
I’m concerned about double wood since they were recently acquired by a VC group. We’ll see….

Another example is amlactin, @desertshores thank you for the info on amlactin, I got some at cvs.
Read the reviews, fake, rancid smelling, expired products:

AmLactin Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion, Moisturizing Lotion for Dry Skin to Help Soften and Smooth - 7.9 Oz Pump Bottle (packaging may vary) https://a.co/d/4sPT3bs

The brand you posted @Joseph , Nusapure, looks legit but they have 3 different addresses on their website. Big red flag :triangular_flag_on_post: imo. They also state “FDA approved facility”. The fda doesn’t approve facilities, :triangular_flag_on_post: you could try calling them but no phone number is listed :triangular_flag_on_post:

Let’s stop funding bezos rockets to outer space until he gets control over what is being sold on his platform.

2 Likes

Do you mind telling us your typical daily diet and how long you’ve been doing carnivore? Do you ever get tired of it?

I’ve been doing it for almost 3 years and no I’m not tired doing it. For the last few months I’ve been a little less strict because I have a new girlfriend and I eat socially.

A normal carnivore day of eating would be coffee for breakfast, for lunch something from the following list cured sausage, liver sausage, eggs, cheese, canned wild caught salmon, corned beef, dinner meat (usually beef or lamb sometimes with added shrimp), homemade kefir and creme fraiche to add calories. I don’t suffer from auto immune issues so I do add seasoning (herbs, garlic, chili, capers, onions etc) and do drink wine too

And after 3 years really I’m not tired, if I have been away from home for a while I really start craving meat again…

1 Like

Great list. What’s the recommended dosage for citrus bergamot?

I love that you chase it with tequila! No sugar, carbs, histamine-a possible blood sugar balancing effect (agave inulin) as well. Bravo!

1 Like