Dealcoholized wine for all the other wine phytochemicals?

Eg https://arielvineyards.com/wines.html

You can drink SO much more + get the red wine’ish benefits without the alcohol toxicity (I myself only feel dizzy after drinking alcohol - I don’t turn into any condition that feels more desireable)

You can also drink the entire bottle guilt-free (just 156 calories, or 30g sugar). 52 calories per 240 mL, which is comparable to macademia milk’s 40 calories per 240 mL => WAY more phytochemicals than you could ever reasonably get from any wine.

also pls dont mention grape juice - that shit has too many calories and spikes your blood glucose like CRAZY

1 Like

Yeah…I had the same thoughts. My cardiologist told me that alcohol was a cardiotoxin and directly causing atrial fibrillation. So I quit drinking.
Then I saw some dealcoholized red wine and bought it. It tasted like fermented goat piss. I couldn’t even finish it.
Experiment failed…

1 Like

It doesn’t taste exactly like wine, but good enough for me. I’d prefer it to not taste like wine - if it did, I’m scared that it might desensitive me into accidentally overdosing on wine.

2 Likes

Just for those who might be wondering, as I was:
“Non-alcoholic wine has the potential to provide some health benefits due to its antioxidants, polyphenols, and resveratrol. However, these benefits are not found in grape juice, as the pasteurization process destroys many of the beneficial compounds.”

1 Like

The adage ‘everything in moderation (even moderation)’ springs to mind here……as I’m tucking into a beautiful Penfolds Bin 28 (not Grange unfortunately)……
Each to their own though of course :+1:t3:

3 Likes