Cardiovascular Health

“I really don’t care either way”…proceeds to lecture on how wonderful his regime is.

Look; you enjoy good health and that’s great. You may have inherited a good set of genes.
If you look at Supercentenarians (the best examples of successful aging we have), there are vegetarians, there are meat-eaters, there are smokers and non-smokers. There are drinkers and teetotallers. There are active ones and there are slobs. What it really means is that “genes trump lifestyle.”

I, also, enjoyed great health until I was 59. Then suddenly I caught pneumonia (hadn’t had a sniffle for 11 years prior), which precipitated atrial fibrillation. Then I got Jumper’s Knee and Plantar Fasciitis in the same leg. One after the other. Hopefully all fixed now.

If you believe that your lifestyle has given you good health; good for you. But trust me; the wheels can fall off very quickly!

8 Likes

3 years on Rapa, 2mg week.

1 Like

What genes dude, my mom passed away at 59 from a stroke, my dad had severe angina, my grandfather died at 57 and my grandma passed away of a heart attack at 55.
You say:
"If you look at Supercentenarians (the best examples of successful aging we have), there are vegetarians, there are meat-eaters, there are smokers and non-smokers. There are drinkers and teetotallers. There are active ones and there are slobs. What it really means is that “genes trump lifestyle.”
I disagree 100% with your reasoning. The main reason why these people are living this long is because their lifestyle (whatever it is) has actually fooled their internal clock (without them even doing it intentionally) and as such they enjoy long life. The genes play a very small portion the rest is up to you/me/us. And the main think you need is adversity, being very heavy exercise (short period), fasting or swimming in the ocean when temp is 35 degrees Fahrenheit (i do that sometime btw) and this triggers the survival mechanisms’ within ourselves and all the protective solders are mobilized as such all your ills are fixed. This is because your brain thinks that you are doing it for survival reasons and you have much more to live, you are nowhere near the end of your cycle/life therefore it triggers all the good juices within your body to start flowing. I can literally see myself being 110 years old and still driving my own car. To an outsider it sound nuts, or probably you would just ignore it as nonsense that anyone can say it now since who knows what ill happen in the future, but trust me i say it because something inside me is telling me that is totally possible. I’m a total loss at how resistant and strong i am. I used to think that when I’ll be in my late 50’s I’ll just take it easy and travel and semi retire etc, but i have way more energy than when i was 30, it is totally nuts. And. I’m not eve doing very extreme things like some people do. I just try so many things (supplements, food, heavy exercise, fasting etc) and stick with what i see as working for me, and i just can’t believe it myself that a 57 year old person can be in such health. As an example there is a 27 year old dude that works in my place and he is really ripped and bench presses like 300lbs or who the hell knows (stays hours in gym,), so I joke the other day and tell him lets arm wrestle, he goes ok, he didn’t fucking last more than 15 seconds, he kept looking at me weirdly, and feeling my arms and muscles (which are just normal btw, he is a huge mother fucker) and couldn’t believe it . Again, I’m totally lost for words myself, and also find it so weird but i think that the more adversity you introduce in your life style the better, plus if you take the right supplements, that should help also.

But in summary, anything you do and you see it working for you, never overdo it especially never exercise for long hours, 15 minutes of heavy exercise, sprint or whatever you feel is good enough. also, always take a rest, i.e couple days per week don’t take any supplements and don’t exercise at all as an example.

1 Like

I totally agree and concur this. Everything good in excess becomes bad. There is this fine balancing that is important in life in every sense.

I had all my grandparents live well into their 90ies and have been watching them. They were active all life, but knew that rest is important too. They were eating well, but not in excess. They all enjoyed life and kept working and had active social life almost until the last days. At the end also accepting ones own mortality makes for a less anxious life. You live more, you are happier and maybe have a chance to live longer.

3 Likes

I had an aunt (not my favorite, but that’s beside the point) that she died at 99. She was the weakest of all her siblings (7) but outlived them all. She had married into a very poor family and they barely had enough food. As such it became normal that she eats very little, and she continued the practice even after when she had plenty to eat later on. Once when i was a kid visited her and all she had to eat was one single toast with 1/2 glass of milk at around 11, and then 6 oz steak with 1/2 baked potato for dinner. I thought she was sick and couldn’t eat so i asked, are you feeling sick, and she laughed. She said no i feel just fine, but if i eat more than this then I’d be sick.
Embracing or not embracing one’s own mortality it doesn’t matter because everyone will die. Thats a fact, so I don’t think it matters much if you embrace it or not. The point is we should try and live in a healthy state for as long as we can. If in a wheelchair that’s not very worth living lol.

1 Like

“Everyone has a plan until they are punched in the mouth” I believe this quote was from the great longetivitist Mike Tyson. I agree with many of your conjectures and strategies about aging. But 57 is youngish. The wheels will fall off - just difficult to say when.

5 Likes

:laughing: not sure where to start with this pair of sentences

3 Likes

Tom

I am interested in buying them.

Please advise?

Yes, I am amused when someone who is healthy is convinced that they have discovered the perfect health plan.

11 Likes

The way you’re writing it sounds like you’re having a manic episode (i.e from your Vitamin C protocol which you really believe in).

8 Likes

Could be just lucky genes.

4 Likes

“A physician who treats himself has a fool for a patient”

2 Likes

“dude”? You’re still living in the '70s, right?

3 Likes

If one never goes to the doctor, they can’t be diagnosed as bipolar.

NEVER listen to or visit a Doctor…
ALSO- “ I am your Doctor”…
But wouldn’t that mean….??? Errrr nevermind

2 Likes

Haha I’m pretty sure you’re trolling us but three new words for you:

Hubris (noun) - a personality quality of extreme or excessive pride or dangerous overconfidence

Anecdotal (adjective) - evidence based only on personal observation, collected in a casual or non-systematic manner

Nuance (noun) - subtlety or fine detail

9 Likes

Search Dr. Berg or Ekberg on heart health

I just searched for “Dr.” Berg because he showed up in the youtube algorithm, and surprise, surprise, he is not a doctor either. At least he is writing DC after his name which means Doctor of Chiropractic.

Another possible reason why rapamycin may help with cardiovascular health…

Autophagy Enhancers Regulate Cholesterol-Induced Cytokine Secretion and Cytotoxicity in Macrophages

Results: Cholesterol treatment increased cytokine secretion, cellular toxicity, and lactate dehydrogenase release in lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-primed macrophages. Concomitantly, altered levels of autophagy-related molecules were detected in LPS-primed macrophages under hypercholesterolaemic conditions. Treatment with autophagy enhancers reversed the secretion of cytokines, abnormally expressed autophagy-associated molecules, and cytotoxicity of LPS-primed macrophages.

2 Likes

Eric Berg and Sten Ekberg are both chiropractors.

Health Channel that focuses on all aspects of Natural Health & Wellness featuring Olympic decathlete & holistic doctor, Dr. Sten Ekberg with Wellness For Life. You’ll learn to master holistic health, stay healthy naturally, live longer and have quality of life by learning how the body really works.

Looks like Kansel got cancelled.

Maybe you should consider a change in your attitude before posting more? Thanks.

2 Likes