Bryan Johnson's Anti-aging Skincare Routine

Yes, they run it against placebo and against topical.
Basically there is no benefit over topical. The only benefit would be a slightly less oily skin for excessively oily skin type, but studies don’t support the benefit over risks I guess.

3 Likes

Hi @arugula , do you have a source for this? I have tried googling to no avail. Wondering if I only have a year left to use my Microneedling pen?!

1 Like

I noticed it on my skin (69 yo). Micro needling only creates problems. I don’t use it anymore. Mesotherapy though works just right for keeping skin plump and wrinkle free.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing Lara, I’ll have to keep a close eye on this… I’ve only done a few treatments as I find the pain really off-putting (numbing cream just adds another hour onto the treatment time, and sometimes my skin reacts to it). Nonetheless, I was planning to stick with it. But this is scary!

I would really like to know what sort of age is the cut off for Microneedling. I’ll keep an eye out for any papers…

1 Like

For meso, I never use lidocain cream. Meso is painless - needle is too thin and short to create any damage. There’s no even bleeding to make it painful. If you do it on yourself you’ll know where to stop to avoid pain. It’s a different story if a technician does the procedure.

2 Likes

May be micro infusions will work better for your dry skin. They are totally painless.

2 Likes

Thanks Lara, I’ll look into these as well.

@LaraPo have you ever tried this delivery system. Looks similar to to Aquagold – A.S.A.P. INC
seems that you can do personalized meso-cocktail of different things and supposedly it is painless. Delivers to the depth of 0,6 mm.

@LaraPo sorry for all the questions. Is CYTOCARE 532 a skin booster or filler (like what people have injected into their lips etc)? I keep reading conflicting things. Thanks !

It’s a skin booster, not a filler.

I tried this delivery system with a different product. Works well, good results, easy to apply.

This is really interesting… it seems like this is a type of device that anyone could use at home, and that is replacing the syringe delivery approach of meso therapy, and that you could (in theory) use with any of the mesotherapy solutions…

But instead of selling the injection system by itself, they are bundling it with the solution. Seems what you really want is to just by the injection systems by themselves and use whatever solution you want… is there something like this injection system that is not tied / bundled with the solution?

AQUAGOLD® fine touch™ is a disposable, single-use microchannel microinjector sold only to medical professionals. The key is in the technology: AQUAGOLD® fine touch™ features its patented Microchannel Technology™ that delivers onto the skin, rather than strictly puncturing or wounding the skin with solid needles as typical microneedling devices (and counterfeit AQUAGOLD® devices) do.

Some images of it being used:

Real Self Rating of this Proceedure:

https://www.realself.com/nonsurgical/aquagold

2 Likes

It seems some people are selling the “micro infusion facial stamp” without the solution… there has to be a bulk price somewhere as these are use once types of products it seems:

This Singapore site seems to be the cheapest, 1 Singapore dollar equals $0.75 US, so the 25 SGD (Singapore dollars) is equal to about $18.00 US.

Ah… perhaps these types of micro needling devices are multi-use devices:

About the needles

There are many types of the micro channeling infusion bottles in the market. Some are only 0.3mm which is too short and made with stainless steel which are not reusable and does not give good results as the needle are not as hard as the gold plated ones that we are selling. Our 24K Gold plated needles are reusable because it does not rust or retain bacteria easily so it is much safer to use. Our device is 0.6mm long which are more effective for treatments.

and $3.00 from Alibaba / China: Hydra Needle Stamp Micro Needle

Microinfusion rollers:

1 Like

@LaraPo what do you think of these devices and how would they compare to your mesotherapy syringe approach.

1 Like

That system imo is better for young skin as monthly maintenance. It’s convenient because it’s a multi-needle system that covers a big area and has a preset depth. Anybody without any training can easily do it. If I used it at my age, I would need to do it every week, which is costly and time consuming. I use Cytocare 532 that has the highest percentage of hyaluronic acid designed for mature skin, it can be deposited deeper, 2-4mm, and lasts longer.

2 Likes

It looks like Oliver Zolman has moved to the US full time to support his primary client (he’s showing up in a lot of the videos now).

Hey, he’s hit the jackpot with a client who with no-limits on spending for medical help (yes, I imagine he feels a little bit like some of the startup founders in the Silicon Valley after getting a large Series A round).

I guess most people would move countries for that.

1 Like

His skin looks amazing!

2 Likes

He is looking a lot better isn’t he. Something seems to be working. It helps that he’s gotten a semi-normal haircut and not doing braids at the back any longer :wink: all of which is helpful if he wants to grow the “religion” beyond the Los Angeles area.

2 Likes

Tixel Skin Rejuvenation is a fractional skin treatment that uses thermo-mechanical ablation technology (TMA), a unique combination of heat and motion, to rejuvenate and resurface the skin. It treats a wide range of skin concerns from wrinkles and sun damage to acne scars and stretch marks ¹. The treatment is performed with a device tipped with 81 titanium pyramid-shaped pins arranged in a grid pattern. These titanium tips briefly heat the skin with thermal energy, creating tiny injuries. These microwounds trigger your skin’s natural healing process and encourage collagen production, eventually tightening, smoothing and improving the look and feel of your skin ¹.

Tixel is a relatively low-pain treatment with noticeable results after only 1–2 sessions. It requires less recovery time than conventional fractional laser treatments ¹. However, it is important to note that Tixel requires extensive sun avoidance pre- and post-treatment ¹.

If you are interested in Tixel Skin Rejuvenation, it is best to consult with a dermatologist or a licensed skin care professional to determine if it is right for you.

¹: Derm Collective

Source: Conversation with Bing, 1/25/2024
(1) Tixel Skin Rejuvenation: Benefits, Treatment and Aftercare. Tixel Skin Rejuvenation: Benefits, Treatment and Aftercare.
(2) Tixel Treatment - What is it and How it Works - Dr T Aesthetics. Tixel Treatment - What is it and How it Works - Dr T Aesthetics.
(3) Tixel — SkinSpaMED. Tixel — SkinSpaMED.

3 Likes

The Ultimate Guide to Tixel Treatment: Costs and Benefits Revealed

https://medium.com/@aestheticsconciergeoftexas1998/the-ultimate-guide-to-tixel-treatment-costs-and-benefits-revealed-e40d616ff8fb

I’m not sure if the exosome approach Bryan talks about, is the same as this, but here is one reference point:

Exosome Regenerative Complex Cost

The cost of exosome regenerative complex treatments can vary depending on the specific treatment and the provider. According an analysis of suppliers, the cost of an Exosome Regenerative Complex Treatment for facial treatments can range between $300 and $500 per box.

For hair regeneration and skin enhancement, the cost of exosome therapy is usually lower than the cost of traditional hair transplant surgery or plastic surgery. In the case of systemic or chronic conditions, exosome treatments in the **U.S. average between $3,500 to $6,500,**with the most common price point being around $4,900.

Source: Exosomes Facial Cost: Overview 2023

I found this review on RealSelf, but I have no idea what the different Exosome skin treatments are available out there, and what the difference may be: Exo-Xom Skin Treatment: How Exo-Xom Exosome Treatment Works, Results & More - RealSelf

2 Likes