Bryan Johnson's Anti-aging Skincare Routine

Sunscreen — use it religiously. Less is more and buffer tret with a good moisturizer

1 Like

Do I have to use moisturizer with tret, what does it do?

You don’t have to use moisturizer with it - it comes as a cream typically that you put on at night before bed (don’t put it on during the day as its light sensitive). Medaura is the expert … if she suggests adding moisturizer I would. And be sure to use sunscreen during the day (as it makes your skin more sensitive to sun).

I think one of the key mechanisms of action is that it increases cell turnover on the skin.

I just don’t know what the moisturizer is for. Why didn’t they put it in the cream?

The effects are cumulative and exponentially increase,” I love that I accidentally stumble upon my favorite type of interventions which are all cumulative and exponential.

1 Like

Its not that simple (it rarely is)…

See this post: Highlights from the 2023 Longevity Summit - #5 by RapAdmin

I asked her briefly what her opinion on use of tretinoin/Retin A products and the potential for stem cell exhaustion (because tretinoin ramps up the skin cell turnover) and whether that might be a problem. She said she was concerned about this, and especially among younger women aged 20 or so who might be using it for many decades. She was less concerned about use in older people.

3 Likes

@medaura @eli @LaraPo

Anyone got a thought about this?:

The thing I’m concerned about is that in the studies I’ve read on pubmed they mention two different shaped tips that belong to the Tixel machine - an “s” shaped one which is non-ablative and a “d” shaped one which is ablative. I have no idea which this machine would come with, I tried asking sellers on the Ali’s but I possibly wasn’t understood. I can’t see it mentioned on any listing for a Tixel imitation.

Aside from the tip worry, the one handle machines seem to go up to 5-16ms and 200-800 microns depth (asked a few sellers) so I’m under the impression if you put the settings up high you might be able to use it effectively on the body too. Any thoughts?

1 Like

On Internet I didn’t find the protocols per area and the manual I received from one seller (took a lot of insisting but one sent it to me) is - besides in bad English - extremely basic (as are those from the other appliances I bought) (basically, it said settings for cheek and for body; I assume they mean face with cheek … the one RadAdm uploaded is actually slightly better)

Also I understand they use anesthesia here (in video’s online and Bryan J. mostly cold air blower but not included in the machine- i could use icepacks though but that would prolong time of treatments if i have to hold icepack 5 minutes against each spot ) so am wondering if I would be able to do it myself and without anesthesia and just in general, not being a professional, I wonder whether it would not be wise to have one treatment done by professional so I can take note of all the steps and information I get , without experimenting myself :sweat_smile:… on the other hand am sure it is not difficult, and you are right in that the first treatment may not even bring much (they seem to insist to at least 3 treatments, even more in the first year - only the ‘cheap’ cost estimate I got did not sell this in a package but of course if you need 3 or more in the end it gets even more costly. I think it is my lack of experience that may be talking…did someone else here already did the treatment and may be able to share some info? thanks a lot

1 Like

did you have a treatment in the end?

you can ask the seller what would be exact costs of customs and vat etc to your door; if you ask shipping DDP (delivery duty paid) you dont get surprise afterwards, so I prefer this… but maybe where you are it might be less, no clue…

they sustain it would be slightly cheaper if you take care of it yourself but got some unpleasant experiences in past (plus also read some in alibaba reviews) so I prefer paying up front and have no surprises later…

2 Likes

It’s very important to find out if it’s ablative or non-ablative. I assume that it’s non-ablative as it’s less damaging to skin especially if used by non-professionals.

Not yet. The prices in Los Angeles are ridiculous. I’ve found a provider out of state so I’m just weighing up whether or not to pull the trigger on it.

1 Like

I understood from info on the net that it is either ablative or not, depending on the settings you put
The picture below is from the Tixel Spain website : the longer the contact , the more ablative

I also did seem to understand from what I read so far that, while the Ali ‘ ones only have one tip ( 1 cm2) , at least according to the manuals I have seen, the “original “ would have a small and a bigger surface ( a small for eye surfaces and bigger for rest of face … to speed up treatment)

I’ve had good results with a routine of tretinoin, AHA/BHA, sunscreen and a cleanser. At least I don’t hate myself when looking into the mirror.

1 Like

It’s time to become a glower.

Six boosters later, tretinoin, finasteride, statins, debunking russian trolls, and whey protein powder.
What else?

2 Likes

L-citrulline, tadalafil and a diet high in nitrates for veinmaxxing. Women love those.

2 Likes

b84

On my way to Rapa Nui to pick up some Rapamycin.

4 Likes

She is selling a competing product and I don’t understand what the problem is.
I don’t want to look old.

There’s always going to be something negative said of something - statins, ezetimibe, PCSK9i, finasteride, SGLT2i, mTORi.

Not doing anything is highly negative.

1 Like

If we don’t have any products available in 60 years that can restore stem cells, we are screwed anyway, hence there is no point delaying tretinoin treatment.

1 Like

I just don’t believe ‘high impact negative’ side effects that much anymore, based on my experience in researching things.

If someone doesn’t do something because they hear one of those stories, well it’s not going to go well.

1 Like