Aubrey de Grey's "1000 year old human" prediction

@Rituparn, I just started rapamycin in January of this year so there are many people here more experienced than me. With that disclaimer out of the way-I had taken it for 4 months orally before making a topical rapa spray so only 2 months so far. My various dark spots haven’t changed much yet except where I use my home IPL device on them. I do have a actinic keratosis spot on my cheek that is shrinking though. My overall skin appearance does seem slightly improved in my opinion and my sister-in-law agrees. She asked me recently what I’d been using on my skin. I’ve read on this site that it takes about 8 months to see the the full benefits.

1 Like

Is it Nira lazer that you are using? Looks like you are already sure that it’s the lazer, not Rapamycin, that works well on spots. The description of the Nira lazer doesn’t say that it’s an IPL. I didn’t buy it yet - still trying to decide which one is the best.

Thank you for your prompt reply. Will surely check this and other options too.

Regards

@LaraPo, I’m just using my Remington iLight Pro that I’ve owned for years. It’s marketed for home laser hair removal. In another thread someone shared a YouTube of a lady using hers for dark spots so I decided the give it a try and it does definitely help. The spots shrink and sort of scab over after multiple treatments per week and slowly fade away. It’s not nearly as powerful as professional IPL but for me it’s easy because I can do it at home for virtually free besides the cost of replacement bulbs.

1 Like