Anyone trying something a little more edgy?

14% of that if done on half life basis (which it is argued that it is not).

FWIW

Review my other posting on this subject, have a cather installed (one stick/stabe assuming the technician is good) draw, flush, heparinize, wait your time, flush, draw, ect, repeat as required.

This is a very simple procedure/ process

1 Like

You are making an assumption, the only true way is to measure over a long time.

Which is very possible to perform, the main issue being the cost.

2 Likes

True measuring is best, but in the absence of a measurement at least it gives an idea.

Have been watching this:

I’d be interested to hear if anyone has further insights / experiences?

AIUI exosomes are created in response to stimulating HIF 1 alpha. Much that HIF means hypoxia inducible factor in fact it is stimulated by a wide range of things including exercise. Personally taking stem cells from the body then stimulating HIF to generate exosomes and putting them back in the body strikes me as an inefficient process compared to stimulating HIF whilst in the body so the stem cells you have generate exosomes.

HBOT is one route which stimulates HIF, but people should be aware that it is the reduction in partial pressure of Oxygen which makes the difference not the consistent high partial pressure.

I am currently looking at the question as to what extent a higher partial pressure of oxygen makes up for other deficits in the mitochondria so ATP production is brought up to scratch. That is an argument for maintaining a higher partial pressure for a longer period. However, there are known harms from too high a partial pressure of oxygen for too long a period.

I wrote up a page analysing HIF over a year ago which is here: (and NF kappa B and NRF2)

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply @John_Hemming - I’m just wondering how you are currently testing your hypothesis about the extent to which a higher partial pressure of oxygen can make up for deficits in mitochondrial function, and what results have you observed so far?
I’ve read your paper but don’t have a scientific background so don’t fully understand it……

I am using an oxygen concentrator (cost approx gbp 300) for short periods of time (5 mins) once or twice on any one day and observing whether there is any sign of increases in autophagy. In a broader sense i am trying a lot of things. Over time it would be nice to reduce the things tried, but the overall result is the objective. In terms of energy levels i monitor a lot including weekly blood tests.

I am wondering if timing the use of the oxygen concentrator with peak concentration of Rapa after a dose would have noticeable effects on autophagy and if so, how this could be measured?

1 Like

One method VO2 Max Testing to see if cellular metabolism changes.

2 Likes

Kind of in that realm… I just learned about this… ozone therapy. I found a lot of clinics offering it.

Link: Major Autohemotherapy (MAH) Tulsa - Longevity Effect - Floatation Therapy Tulsa

Anyone doing this… or thoughts?

1 Like

My daughter did it a couple times. It has proponents.

I’m only guessing here but it probably helps with the microbial burden. That’s what the lady selling it said. I read up on it, but it was awhile ago.

1 Like

FWIW

Jason

I have preformed MAHT{Major Autohemotherapy] for over a decade on countless number of people.

Have personnelly performed over 10,000 infusions/treatments. Started, supervised, trained, several other Doctors offices over the years.

I am a master at using oxygen/ozone as a biological response modifing agent.

6 Likes

Wow! Looks like I hit pay dirt on this post.

We have the authority right here. My chemist buddy has had it and thinks it is amazing. Looks like I need to road trip up to see you for a consult and treatment.

Seriously, I am very curious, but would want someone skilled and I could trust.

I bet many on the site have questions like me. Thanks Joseph.

2 Likes

Sounds pretty sketchy to me as ozone is normally considered hazardous.

Show me the money! Oops, I mean actual scientific studies, you know, the randomized double-blind placebo-controlled type. Or are we just talking about alternative medicine here?

Why is ozone therapy illegal?

"The FDA prohibits the medical use of ozone, “In any medical condition for which there is no proof of safety and effectiveness”, stating “Ozone is a toxic gas with no known useful medical application in specific, adjunctive, or preventive therapy.”

Ozone therapy - Wikipedia.

2 Likes

The difficulty is measurement

The title is anyone trying something more edgy what an attack and Wikipedia as your source ??? Ouch…

It is not that difficult, you would require access to lab equipment or a lab that has equipment.

Review;

“Best way to quantitatively measure Autophagic Flux”

https://www.novusbio.com/antibody-news/best-way-to-quantitatively-measure-autophagic-flux#:~:text=One%20of%20the%20most%20common,blot%20and%20immunofluorescent%20microscopy2.

1 Like

Usually credited to Abraham Lincoln or Mark Twain, shamelessly I reply. ~

“Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool than to Speak and Remove All Doubt”

“Better I Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool than to Post and Remove All Doubt” ~Joseph

1 Like

I don’t see it as an attack - we try to get data driven here, good quality scientific studies are really all we can go on - so its entirely reasonable to ask for the data that convinces people that a given therapy is valuable. I’m also skeptical of ozone therapy - I’ve never heard of it and if its effective its reasonable to want to see the data.

4 Likes