Anyone have experience with Paypal for overseas shippments

I am looking at a supplier from India who accepts Paypal who they say guarantees delivery. I have read through Paypals policies and this appears to be the case. My experience with Paypal is limited and have never used it for overseas transactions. I am looking at paying $1.77 each for a quantity of 360. It’s just a little hard to trust. Any feedback?

4 Likes

Welcome healthcare uses paypal and I have never had any issues with them.

2 Likes

That’s who I am considering ordering from. What manufacturer, zydus?

He has both zydus and biocan

I have used PayPal to make a $425 payment to IndiaMART with great success. The way it works is the pharmaceutical agent sent me a PayPal link with the amount of the goods and then I pay for it. 12 weeks later I get the goods. This is after you have already selected what you want and confirmed through the agent that they have it and at what price. The key to this whole transaction is not to mention to PayPal that it is medicines that you are buying. These were the instructions of the pharmaceutical agent and I found that it worked nicely. Three days after you made your PayPal payment the pharmaceutical agent should send you a tracking number.

3 Likes

Do you find that the prices from IndiaMart are low enough to compensate for the slow delivery and hassle? Rapa ordered from Amazon is $3 or so for 1 mg, without any payment risk or long delivery times.

2 Likes

You should also try using pharma discount cards such as GoodRx and Singlecare. I recently purchased 90 2mg tablets of sirolimus for $360 using singlecare card. No waiting, no shipping, no quality issues. Much cheaper than current Amazon price.

2 Likes

Yes, I have used Singlecare for a rapamycin prescription but haven’t found a price that good.

The best I can find is $430 with singlecare, for 2mg x 90

1 Like

It obviously varies from pharmacy to pharmacy in different parts of the U.S. If I recall correctly, the app said something like $420 but when I brought it to the pharmacy to check the price they said “Actually it’s cheaper – only $360”

1 Like

That’s interesting, thanks.

India pricing can be about half of the best price I can find locally. That’s really the question and why I am asking here. If I can feel confident in the quality, the concerns regarding ordering would largely be addressed by PayPal assurances.

1 Like

12 weeks! Surely I can get meds before sooner than that!

I’m being quoted 10-12 days by some of the suppliers on IndiaMART. Is that accurate or just trying to lock me in and I’ll get it when I get it essentially?

1 Like

My IndiaMart to US delivery took 3 weeks once the payment was processed 2-3 days after receipt.

1 Like