Anticancer and pro-longevity effects of high molecular weight hyaluronic acid (from naked mole rat to human)

@sol. Great minds think alike. I have a bag at home. Just trying to decide what to mix it with. I’ve been putting everything in my coffee, but it seems like coffee may not be the best drink to mix water soluble powders with as it is a diuretic.

Expensive pee and all that.

“Mix it with” – ha ha ha ha ha. That’s funny.

I’ve made gummies with hyaluronic acid, using gelatin and etc, which requires mixing. HA absorbs something like 30+ times its own weight in water. Fast. Mixing it is a massive PITA and the sort of thing even this stubborn creature was willing to try once.

I don’t perceive any problem consuming it with coffee. I’m not an expert on how it’s absorbed in the gut, but I don’t worry about that. Worry instead about how to get it into your stomach in the first place.

I can tell you how I do, if you like.

1 Like

How do you mix your acid? :slight_smile:

Please do tell.

1 Like

What am I missing? Why not just buy the capsule form? It is relatively cheap as supplements go.

The articles refer to high molecular weight hyaluronic acid. The common supplements that people are referencing at Amazon are not high molecular weight. The “good stuff” is a little more expensive but still reasonable

“Our Pure Hyaluronic Acid capsules contain 200mg of high molecular weight hyaluronic acid, one of the most exciting substances in the anti-ageing world.”

How do I mix? I don’t.

I scoop a quarter teaspoon and put it directly into my mouth. (Note, move slow with HA powder–it’s super fluffy.) Some of it gums up on my gums (heh), so I get a bit of bonus time-release. Maybe I drink tea or coffee to wash some down, but it doesn’t matter. It works.

2 Likes

What am I missing? Why not just buy the capsule form? It is relatively cheap as supplements go.

Maybe you’re richer than I am? :smiley:

To me, it’s not cheap, not at the quantities I take. I like this brand, and bulk makes it quite affordable.

1 Like

@sol, that’s exactly how I take it too.

2 Likes

What is your dosing regimen?

My point is what are you using it for? As far as I can tell there are two forms of sodium hyaluronate, high molecular weight and regular or lower molecular weight than hyaluronic acid.

So, if you are using it externally the choice is what are trying to do.

“Hyaluronic acid has a high molecular weight, which means it’s a macromolecule. The large molecules coat the skin and prevent water loss, leading to better hydration.”

“Sodium hyaluronate has a lower molecular weight than hyaluronic acid. It’s small enough to penetrate the epidermis, or top layer of the skin.”

“Abundant high-molecular-mass hyaluronic acid (HMM-HA) contributes to cancer resistance and possibly to the longevity of the longest-lived rodent—the naked mole-rat. To study whether the benefits of HMM-HA could be transferred to other animal species”

“they successfully transferred a gene responsible for making high molecular weight hyaluronic acid (HMW-HA) from a naked mole rat to mice.”

If a supplement or drug could achieve the same results, why didn’t they just do that?

It has been shown in studies that hyaluronic acid supplementation in the form of sodium hyaluronate may reduce skin wrinkles.
Personally having spent more money than I wanted to on hyaluronic acid supplements, I still have two bottles of the liposomal form, I did not detect any significant benefit.

The body of course generates its own hyaluronic acid, and in the study, they successfully transferred a gene responsible for making high molecular weight hyaluronic acid (HMW-HA) from a naked mole rat to mice.

If hyaluronic supplements, which have been around for many decades, had any life extension or anti-cancer properties in humans, I am sure they would have been noticed by now.

“Hylaluronic acid engrafted metformin loaded graphene oxide (HA-GO-Met) nanoparticles
exhibited an anti-cancer efficacy”

What we need is a gene transfer from a naked mole rat.

1 Like

1/8-/14 tsp daily in two doses, 200-450mg.

2 Likes

Based on your advice, I added 200 mg of Hyaluronic Acid powder into my morning EVOO cocktail. It immediately clumped up into a solid gel. I mixed it around and swallowed, but it turned into a layer of gel on the roof of my mouth. I washed it all down with water, so it wasn’t a big deal. I think I will try to get it to mix better with the EVOO as I think it will help with absorption.

Wow - that sounds pretty disgusting :wink:
I think maybe a better addition to coffee or a smoothie.

1 Like

Not that disgusting actually.

At least for me.

I could try it in a coffee. I am just wondering where I could get the most bioavailability.

I’m taking what Bryan Johnson is taking. Hope he’s taking the right kind! It’s Trple strength Hyaluronic Acid by Pureclinica.

Do we know the molecular weight of the HA that is sold by Bulksupplements.com?

If it doesn’t mention molecular weight, assume it’s below 2000kDA so not HMW.

2 Likes

I hope by “your advice” you didn’t mean me. :slight_smile: My advice is to put up to 1/8 teaspoon in your mouth, where you know it will clump up, instead of somewhere else, where you get to be surprised. :stuck_out_tongue:

If you really want to mix it into something else (having done all this, I now see it as too much work), you can put powder into an inch of water for half a day, and it will slowly dissipate, creating a thinner gel. (Do not mix immediately; it will just get it stuck to whatever you’re mixing with; mix after it’s had a chance to absorb the water.) The resulting gel could be used to mix with something else. (I’ve done this as part of making a skin tonic. I stopped because I couldn’t find a powder that was low enough molecular weight to penetrate the skin. Now I only take this brand of HA orally, where I do notice a difference.)

But unless the texture and experience is a problem for you, I recommend just putting up to 1/8 into your mouth, swirling it down with some tea, and enjoying the bits that get stuck to your teeth and gums for the next half hour or so with a joyous attitude which can’t help but extend your life anyway. :grin:

2 Likes

When I mix it with the EVOO, there aren’t any clumps. It’s actually a smooth gel coating that eventually washes away after drinking enough liquids. I think I’ll continue to mix it with my EVOO + tumeric + NMN + piperine + apigenin mixture. (Sometimes Resveratrol and fisetin too).

1 Like