Alex K. Chen metabolic / CGM progress (my "everything in longevity" thread)

@RapAdmin is one other

2 Likes

That seems like the superior approach if you are going to use rapamycin. You do miss out on using a SGLT2i during spring and summer though.

1 Like

fingersticks aren’t the most accurate for calibration

i have two CGMs on right now and they do differ somewhat (will have more info in 5 days)

5 Likes

Wow two CGM’s at the same time…respect :wink:

1 Like

Canagliflozin (mixed SGLT1/2 inhibitor) did NOT prevent 18oz blueberries from spiking my BG briefly to 182… (this is the highest I’ve ever seen it)…

3 Likes

I’m sorry, I have to comment. I see a lack of balanced diet and Whole woods, coupled with drugs:supplements. I add this from a point of caring. Cheers to our health :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

SGLT2I and UTI are much more of a concern for women than men due to their physical differences. My father and I will be taking both Rapamycin and Empagliflozin (12.5 mg). We’ll let you know if there are any UTIs.

2 Likes

No, not UTI, genital infections are ~5% vs. ~0%.

UTI is a urinary tract infection. That’s the genitals.

URI or URTI is a respiratory infection.

No it’s not the same thing.

1 Like

Are you talking about yeast infections then? That’s pretty rare for men. :sweat_smile:

I don’t know, and 0% → 5% is still noticeable increase in risk.

When I google genital infections, it only gives me vaginal infections, yeast infections and UTIs. I’m not too worried about the first two and the last one is less common, but possible for men.

1 Like

It’s you who are taking it, I would respectfully suggest read to the clinical trials to find out what they mean.

2 Likes

Thank you for the heads up. I will research it more. :slight_smile:

1 Like