Acarbose - Dosing, Use, and Buying Experiences

That’s a good price. May I ask who your supplier is?

For sure Charles, you are my inspiration! :slight_smile: Kachhela Medex Private Limited kmpl1015@gmail.com
I have used them many times, reliable, consistent. Do notice the shipping fee ($40) on my post.

2 Likes

Danlalane, does KMP accept PayPal?

1 Like

no. been using revolut they have a few options.

4 Likes

I think you mean:

2 Likes

I have an Acarbose question for everyone; Has anyone found any Indian brands that don’t package the acarbose tablets in those annoying foil strips? I’d much prefer to have them in a regular pill container rather than individually packaged.

2 Likes

They get kind of “soggy”, taste really differently and get chewy if unpacked. I tried to unpack some 60 pills into a pill box for more convenience but noticed the above after a week or so. Since I don’t feel any noticeable side effects any more I can’t report on loos of potency. Now I just take some scissors and cut the foil strip into individual tablets but still packed. I found this the most convenient way. Glucobay 50mg comes pre-pierced so you can just tear it manually without scissors into individually packed tablets.

1 Like

My first batch was prescribed by my doctor and I got them from the local pharmacy in a pill bottle. Never had the trouble you’re talking about and liked it better than the annoying foil wrappers.

The Indian stuff is half the cost though and maybe not the same coating or something?

Maybe it was the humidity, should have used a silica pack :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Its strange… I find the Bayer Glucobay from India (the tablets) are 'crunch" for lack of a better term… there is a definite crush as you chew on them to break them up when you take them before the meal.

I’ve also had Ageless RX acarbose - and they are more chewy (no crunch at all) - like they are a little damp, but they aren’t as they are in plastic wrapped mini-bags.

I’ve had some US-pharmacy provided acarbose in a standard pill bottle, 100mg each, and they were great - crunchy like the Glucobay tablets, but without the hassle of the foil wrapping. But - its more of a hassle to get the US pharmacy product.

Perhaps the solution is, as I’ve seen others suggest, to get 200 grams of acarbose powder, and sprinkle it on every meal ?

1 Like

My tablets started out crunchy, but over time they get chewier. I believe that moisture is making it into the tablets somehow. Water is like life. It finds a way to go where it shouldn’t.

1 Like

Maybe I missed this in previous discussions. Acarbose is a dual-purpose drug that controls both hyperglycemia and triglycerides.

After experimenting for almost two years of taking rapamycin and also trying to keep all of my blood work in the normal range I have succeeded.

I have tried acarbose on and off. Off, because of the gassiness and bloating. On, because I started using a low-carb diet that did not include any grains. Lately, on a carnivore diet, there is no noticeable excess gas or bloating. As I have previously posted my triglycerides and LDL are at an all-time low in spite of taking rapamycin. The primary things that I am taking that may have contributed to this are pantethine and acarbose.

“In healthy subjects acarbose 100 to 200mg significantly inhibits postprandial glucose, insulin and triglyceride responses”

“In man the major change in lipid metabolism during acarbose administration is a reduction in serum triglyceride concentrations which seems to be mediated by suppressing the biosynthesis of very low density lipoproteins.”

“Acarbose monotherapy is beneficial in reducing TG levels in obese or overweight patients and will not result in hypoglycemia during medication.”

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1

4 Likes

@desertshores
Do you still take acarbose if you are in carnivore diet, or a very low carb diet, and if so, why would that be needed?

1 Like

They finally found that WMD factory :joy:

2 Likes

Yes, I still take acarbose even though I am on a low-carbohydrate diet. I am not a strict carnivore
When I first started taking acarbose, which I believe was first mentioned by RapAdmin, I was not able to tolerate it. RapAdmin suggested that maybe wheat products produced the most gas.
When I eliminated wheat products from my diet, I was able to take acarbose with little or no gassy side effects.

Two reasons I still take acarbose are: One, I still have a large supply on hand. Two, studies show it may have other benefits than just lowering glucose spikes.

“In addition to its anti-hyperglycemic effect, acarbose exerts an anti-inflammatory effect [77]. Increased inflammatory activity is accompanied by brain aging, but acarbose can delay aging in mice by inhibiting the activation of the hypothalamic nuclear factor kappa B (NF-κB) inflammatory pathway”

“Acarbose improves the immune system, inflammatory response, and mitochondrial function by affecting the gut microbiota. Acarbose supplementation is a cost-effective method for delaying aging given its potential health-restorative effects and limited side effects”

“Compared to controls, cardiac hypertrophy is reduced by ACA or RAP in both sexes regardless of age at treatment onset. ACA has a greater effect on the cardiac lipidome than RAP, and the effects of early-life treatment are recapitulated by late-life treatment. These results indicate that late-life treatment with these drugs provide at least some of the benefits of life long treatment”

4 Likes

Excellent post. Many thanks @desertshores . Been using it here and there when consuming meals with high carbs, but will start using it daily with meals.

1 Like

Desert Shores, did you experience any bloating the first go around with Acarbose?

1 Like

Absolutely, along with gas. Personally, just eliminating wheat products changed everything.

3 Likes

Not me, no side effects whatsoever and it doesn’t seem to make me weak as metformin used to. I suspected though that it was doing something against inflammation, but kind of hard to know for sure because i do RAPA and other stuff also. All being equal i definitely can say now that acarbose will be one that i intend to use regularly in future.

3 Likes

An old study that suggests that crushing up the pill and uniformly mixing it with food leads to four times greater effectiveness.

7 Likes