A spoonful of olive oil daily could save your brain from dementia

I put one ounce (2 tbsp) of imported EVOO into my protein/creatine/metamucil/NMN/parsley shake every day, makes it taste better too.

2 Likes

Do me a favor, make it two spoons per day lol. Yes two spoon of olive oil has 180 calories but those are golden calories my friend. By the way make sure it is organic extra virgin. I always buy Costco organic olive oil, $16 per two liters, real cheap. Read somewhere it is one of the best, as tested by some professional testers.

2 Likes

In Europe Portugal, Spain, France, Italy have most centenarians and they use mostly olive oil.

2 Likes

JUST ORDERED. Will replace when I run out. Will take a tablespoon a day and will use it instead of butter.

Twisted Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 25.4oz

Price:$36.00

2 Likes

Yep, and a lot of people who did not live on Okinawa also lived to be 100

2 Likes

What do you mean? How long did your dad use olive oil and what happened that you feel it did not work for your dad?

Way too expensive for just olive oil. doesn’t even have the organic stamp on it. I buy Costco organic 2 liter for $13.99 and your selection has a cost of $36 per 750ml. To me the flavor (other than original/natural) is useless (and unnecessary processing/mixing) so I would not even look for a flavored olive oil. BTW, I watched once a program on a channel (forgot which one) in which they had tested over 50 brands of extra virgin olive oil, and some were fakes (mixed with other oils) some were low quality etc… and the Costco organic one was 100% original extra virgin olive oil and it was rated as the #3 best on the list. Good enough for me especially given how cheap it is and it is organically grown.

3 Likes

Since there is no way for me to test the purity of the olive oil or how long it has been sitting on a shelf I opted to go to a local retailer who has been in the community for a long time.

Sounds like we watch the same shows and read the same material. And while Consumer Reports can test the purity of a bottle of olive oil, I do not have the time and money to do that, hence my purchase.