20 Mg of Rapamycin every other week

I always just eat a whole grapefruit when I’m doing the grapefruit juice protocol with rapamycin. I’m not sure why they used grapefruit juice in the study. Given our typical weekly dose - you only need a few glasses a week, so I’ve found grapefruit juice to be a pain because the fresh stuff doesn’t stay fresh that long (a typical carton / container of GFJ is a half gallon) - far too much.

So yes, the actual fruit is best I think.

1 Like

What about taking rapamycin immediately before an important high-calorie, high-ROS meal, like Thanksgiving dinner? Would it help blunt much of the excess ROS?

Good question - I don’t know. Perhaps the doctors on our forum can chime in with a response to your question…

@DrRoss
@mTORdocTOR

While I imagine rapamycin might help, the phrase “high-calorie, high-ROS meal” makes me think “that sounds a bit more like what the diabetes drugs are for.” Acarbose, metformin, and antioxidants seem like the more obvious tools for that kind of application.

That said, yeah, beyond the focus on calories, such a meal would likely also be rich in protein, and the the rapamycin would presumably help counteract the mTOR activation from the onslaught of excess amino acids in the meal. The quelling of mTORC1 would in turn quiet the innate immune system a bit, so yes, I suppose rapamycin would be expected to blunt some of the excess ROS that are likely being generated by neutrophils in response to the meal.

2 Likes

Huh, does it quiet the innate immune system more than the activated immune system?

I just started a couple months ago & am currently taking 6 mg/wk. I’m wondering what meaning we should give to ‘wash out’. At a 72 hr half-life, after a few weeks at 6 mg’s, the steady state low will be 1.87mg. Should we think of this as a good ‘washout’ level? Seems high to me. I’m thinking of changing my regimen so that I won’t do the next dose until the in-body level drops to less than 0.5 which at 6 mg is 11 days. I show 20 mg as 16 days. I’m not a doctor so it’s just my current thoughts from what I’m reading but weekly dosing doesn’t seem ideal unless the definition of safe washout is 2 mg’s or so.

1 Like

I wouldn’t specifically use rapa to blunt the acute postprandial (after-meal) oxidative stress/inflammation. There are plenty of studies out there showing that including foods with a high density of antioxidants (dark berries especially) in the pro-oxidative meal can mitigate the increases in ox stress/inflammation and impairment of vascular endothelial function. Leafy greens in the meal would also likely help via increased production of nitric oxide from their high content of inorganic nitrate. Or you could do what I do – take a capsule or two of organic grape seed extract with the occasional so-called “cheat meal”. A multitude of other supplements would likely also work (curcumin, ginger, etc etc).

1 Like

Do nuts have those antioxidants too? I mean, I once got my CRP measured after a 2200 calorie almond binge and it was 0.01…

1 Like

Nuts are loaded with antioxidants, especially raw walnuts.

1 Like

22 pills now for 2022

Dr. M. Thimineur stated in age-reversal forum today:
"

30mg every two weeks for about one year. Experimented with 90mg every 6 weeks (30mg with fresh grapefruit) for about 6 months before, and weekly dose of 15mg prior to that. People that I have placed on a sirolimus regimen generally do fine on either weekly or biweekly dosing. Weekly dose is calculated at .18mg/kg and biweekly is just double that. Bloodwork in all patients has been fine except a bump in total cholesterol. Even on 90mg every 6 weeks I never had side effects."

5 Likes

That is certainly levels of intake considerably higher than anything I have previously read about. Twice .18mg/kg comes out to 27 mg biweekly for a 165 pound person. I wonder how many people he has had do that without significant negative side effects.

2 Likes

This is what Dr. Thimineur said “I have practiced interventional pain management for nearly 30 years and an early adopter of rapamycin and metformin for personal age reversal – doing great. I have prescribed rapamycin to about 50 chronic pain patients representing the exact opposite of a typical self experimenter in terms of health.”

3 Likes

anyone have a website for Dr. Thimineur?

Its on our doctor’s list.

Also he has communicated with me at the the age reversal forum.

https://forum.age-reversal.net/profile/6326g6

Now Dr. Thimineur is in the forefront of Rapamycin dosage.
“The biweekly dose is 30mg sirolimus without grapefruit juice. Every 6 week dosing of 90mg was 30mg sirolimus dosed with grapefruit juice. There are GI side effects dosing over 40-50mg at once so grapefruit juice is required to avoid these side effects when taking more than that amount.”

2 Likes

Thanks. Very interesting. Not a lot on his website about rapamycin unless I’m missing it. Seems he is going rogue with the high doses compared to other docs.

I think it is more useful to report in mg/kg rather than a specific number of mg taken. Body sizes are quite variable.
I am taking 0.277 mg/kg at the moment with no side effects every two weeks

4 Likes

Been on Rapa since 2017. Have taken all doses orally. Now take 30 mg. twice a month. No problems. 76 yo male in good health. Intermuscular injection is the wave to the future. Less side-effects and greater availability in the brain inhibiting MTor. Skip Gut and Liver. Much smaller dose than oral. Have not done it yet, but just a matter of time. Once a person gets past a certain age, you have to take calculated Risks or else.

4 Likes