10mg Rapamycin - Persistent Hoarse Voice

That is indeed peculiar. I’m not sure what to make of your experience.

A lot of the important side effects of high dose rapamycin (that some portion of the population will experience) are not something you would notice… lipid disregulation, glucose disregulation, immune system suppression, etc. can be very harmful, but not something you would notice. This is why its important to do regular bloodwork to check on all these factors if you are exploring anything above the typical 4 to 8mg per week dosing (and even then, monthly or quarterly bloodwork is a good idea).

5 Likes

This goes with all drugs. That doesn’t mean it’s somehow better or safer to take higher doses.

This is where your logic falls apart. Higher doses wouldn’t just cause the inhibition to reach more significant levels in places where low doses wouldn’t cause significant effects, they would also potentially result in excessive mTOR inhibition in places where the low dose would not cause excessive mTOR inhibition. Therefore it makes no sense to think that the higher doses are healthier or have less side effects. In your case you may certainly notice fewer side effects at higher doses, but as RapAdmin pointed out, a lot of important side effects are not felt at all. In fact most side effects are not felt at all.

2 Likes

Would be great to hear from @hunterama1 I hope he is OK…

1 Like

@RapAdmin

I remember reading somewhere in the forums that ,081 mg/kg for Rapamycin dosing is somewhat accurate. Can anyone confirm?

Of course the more accurate measurement would be to do a Sirolimus bloodtest, and measure the peak concentration etc…

2 Likes