1 year anniversary - time for some objectivity?

Are these just random letters? :laughing:

6 Likes

Just plop them into google translate and find out.

2 Likes

Dutch is quite close to English anyway so one can make reasoned guesses as to the meanings.

I would like to start Rapam again since my glucose level is back to around 100 but I’m wondering if Acarbose would be more effective than Metformin to maintain reasonable glucose levels. I am pre diabetic , testing around 100/110 fasting

1 Like

Acarbose may not be more effective but it gets the nod because it doesn’t affect exercise tolerance.

3 Likes

I tried Metformin multiple times… affected my gut, diarrhea and gas. Even if I took 1pill 500 mg every other day. … got diarrhea. Was suppose to take 4 times a day… impossible.

Had my doctor switch me to Acarbose… 3 pills a day 50mg per pill. You crunch pill with the bite of first meal… seriously. On it 2 weeks now… 3 pills 50mg…no issues. … feel amazing.

Thumbs up for Acarbose.

2 Likes

Thank you Agetron that’s very helpful, . I have been taking Metformin for a few weeks now and I must admit my stomach is starting to adjust but I know what you mean about diarrhea and gas, most embarrassing for a women . I prescribe to a longevity company who offers Acarbose as an emergency for a glucose spike. My glucose level spiked when taking Rapam so I’m tempted to order it in case it spikes again when I start taking Rapam again

2 Likes

I was surprised by the difference in two drugs that do similar things.

Acarbose has a better rating in longevity 9% increase… and doesn’t affect muscle development and proteins… a 2nd plus.

I take Acarbose with no side effects… Wish I started on it… instead of Metformin.

1 Like

Thanks Agetron, I think I will switch to Acarbose then, do you take it for glucose control?

1 Like

Actually, I take Acarbose for the anti-aging benefits.

Clinical studies say men can get a 9% age extension from Acarbose and the combination with rapamycin’s 15 to 19 % gives one a huge longevity boost.

It is however able to neutralize carbohydrates… turns them to nothing and washes them out.
Why you chew and take as you eat your meal.

2 Likes

Thank you for the response , very helpful. Just one more question, how many do you take each day? With each meal or just the main meal?Thank you. Only I have to get off Metformin, it’s playing havoc with my system but I need to reduce my glucose levels

1 Like

Acarbose is meant to be taken one pill with each meal and I am a Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner person. … I take 3 pills total in a day. One at each meal. One pill at the start of a meal - crunch it in that very first bite and swallow. Says so on the medication bottle. Hope it helps - report back.

Acarbose 1

1 Like

Thank you, that’s a great help. Have a wonderful Christmas and an ‘ageless’ New Year

2 Likes

Evidence here that is might:

Guess you could just edge that T dose up even higher though :wink:

1 Like

In the interest of having forum members in a position to make informed choices about this potentially very valuable antiaging drug, I must point out the following about the study. As it says in the study, “Data of 1042 hospitalized patients with type 2 diabetes were included in this retrospective, cross-sectional study.”. This study tells us about an effect of acarbose on hospitalized diabetics, presumably laying around and wasting away. It doesn’t tell us anything about the potential effects of acarbose on healthy people who have a regular intense strength training regimen.

4 Likes

From an earlier post: ## Acarbose; 17% Lifespan Improvement Alone, and Up to 29% When Combined with Rapamycin.

Acarbose is another leading anti-aging drug that is FDA approved, and available today. There have been three major acarbose lifespan studies that all showed significant life extension results, with up to 17% lifespan increase seen in males at the highest dose. Life extension effects were slightly lower for females.

In new research by the NIA ITP program announced in a recent interview with Richard Miller (April, 2022) Richard revealed that they’ve recently achieved the best results they’ve ever seen in lifespan extension tests, 29% increase (in males) when they fed the mice rapamycin and acarbose at the same time.

Researchers - well meh!! Some say Acarbose is better than Metformin for muscles some say it is worse. But it does appear Acarbose does improve live extension in combo with rapamycin.

Also, thanks for the heads up Maveric - going to see if I can ask my GP to up my “T” shots from 1ml 200 mg to 1.5 ml 300 mg. I certainly don’t want to lose my Arnold Alois Schwarzenegger gains; after-all, he is 75 years old - 10 years my senior.

Damn I bet he is on rapamycin… and dozens of other supplements - LOL.

3 Likes

From what I gather, you still get nearly all of the calories, but in the form of SCFAs rather than glucose.

1 Like

Short-chain fatty acids (SCFAs), the main metabolites produced in the colon by bacterial fermentation of dietary fibers and resistant starch, are speculated to play a key role in neuro-immunoendocrine regulation.

Wow! Even better!

3 Likes

Indeed SCFAs are a good thing. There are benefits for CVD as well.

2 Likes

FWIW Arnold’s had three heart surgeries I believe…

3 Likes