I Started Rapamycin Today

Sixth dose 6mg{ 2mg X 3] 03/27/2022

Same as last week again had one lrg organic GF peeled the inner fresh ate wo inner skin waited
approximately one hour then took 6mg{2mg X3 rapamycin] with wild sardines in OO. Had no adverse effect with last week’s dose.

I am thinking to increase the dose.

Also started taking spermidine, 5mg a day. I purchased the item/product from Germany that RapAdmin mentioned.

1 Like

Seventh dose 6mg{2mg X 3] 04/03/2022

Same as last several week’s, one lrg organic GF peeled the inner fresh ate wo inner skin waited
approximately one hour then took 6mg{2mg X3 rapamycin] with wild sardines in OO. Had no adverse effect with last week’s dose.

1 Like

Are you feeling or noticing any benefits?

Have not noticed any change.

Have been considering to increase the dose.

my friend, 64 female, also took weekly 2mg with GF juice. On the fourth week, she got skin itching all over the body and also got some blisters on the skin. Had to stop taking rapamycin for now.

Did she start immediately with both the 2mg and the GF juice?

Just saying, thats a fast start to a relatively high dose (effective dose between 6 and 8mg).

When I started I started with 1mg per week, then slowly increased each week by 1mg until I got to 6mg at week 6. Then stayed there for a two months, before slowly trying higher doses.

I suspect, but can’t prove, that people have fewer side effects if they start slow.

It was my idea that she started immediately with both the 2mg and the GF juice. I started 4mg/week no GF three month ago and was doing fine. Now i am taking 3mg/week with GF, on one or two days for a week, i got minor skin itching too. i also take canag (100 mg halved) and acarbose 25mg daily, lost 9 pounds in one month.

Eighth dose 6mg{2mg X 3] 04/10/2022

This week I add GF juice in addition to the GF, 8oz of GF juice ate one large GF then another 8oz of GF juice. Organic GF peeled the inner fresh ate wo inner skin waited approximately one hour then took 6mg{2mg X3 rapamycin] with wild sardines in OO. Had no adverse effect with last week’s dose.

2 Likes

FWIW…

Ninth dose 6mg{2mg X 3] 04/17/2022

What has become the usual. GF juice in addition to the GF, 12oz of GF juice ate one large GF then another 6oz of GF juice. Organic GF peeled the inner fresh ate wo inner skin waited approximately one hour then took 6mg{2mg X3 rapamycin] with wild sardines in OO. Had no adverse effect with last week’s dose. Have not noticed any changes.

5 Likes

Tenth dose 6mg{2mg X 3] 04/24/2022

Had one large organic GF peeled the inner fresh ate wo inner skin, then 12oz of GFJ, waited approximately one hour then took 6mg{2mg X3 rapamycin] with wild sardines in OO. Had no adverse effect with last week’s dose. Have not noticed any changes.

4 Likes

@ Joseph

You say you got a script, is this your doctor supporting your intervention?

Tracking any markers?

1 Like

Am not tracking any markers.

Eleventh dose 6mg{2mg X 3] 05/01/2022

Had ¼ of a large organic GF{I really do not like GF] peeled the inner fresh ate wo inner skin, then 8oz of GFJ, waited approximately two hour then took 6mg{2mg X3 rapamycin] with wild sardines in OO. And another 8oz of GF juice. Had no adverse effect with last week’s dose. Have not noticed any changes.

3 Likes

What’s all the jazz about sardines (despite being healthy and fatty)? Is there anything else that enhances rapamycin blood levels in it?

1 Like

LOL - I can’t do those sardines - nasty taste. That said the GFJ and fat gives you more bioavailability of the Rapa/Sirolimus, so you get more bang out of your Rapa dose.

Found this instead: A 4-ounce cut of beef steak offers about . 5 grams of polyunsaturated fats and 4.5 grams of monounsaturated fats. I grill a 14 - 16 oz. steak and eat 2 hours before my dose, so I am getting about 20 grams of polyunsaturated fats and 18 grams of monounsaturated fats (about twice the daily recommendation) with my Rapa. All polyunsaturated fats and monounsaturated are good fats.

For me 14 oz. steak and GFJ before and with gave me a double dose - my 10 mg was about 9mg in my body at the half life - 2-days out.

4 Likes

Joseph wrote: Had ¼ of a large organic GF{I really do not like GF] peeled the inner fresh ate wo inner skin.

I am no fan of whole GF either - my solution. I found using a cheap one glass size
juice mixer on the flesh and and pulp of a whole Ruby Red Grapefruit with a 1/4 cup of Ginger Ale makes a not so bitter (light sweet) frothy easy-to-drink form of the stuff. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I like this thread as it is entirely free of hype. If you do report a benefit further down the line you will have a lot of credibility.

Presumably your body weight has also remained unchanged?

2 Likes

Agreed.

Most report the first pound (s) that are shed due to rapa starts at 15 or 16 months. And goes for weeks before you plateau.

Let’s see. :wink:

Twelfth dose 6mg{2mg X 3] 05/08/2022

Had 14oz of GFJ, waited approximately one hour then took 6mg{2mg X3 rapamycin] with wild sardines in OO and St. Angel cheese{ yes, I like triple cream brie]. And another 6oz of GF juice. Had no adverse effect with last week’s dose. Have not noticed any changes.

2 Likes

First 3mg dose last night. Wanted to make sure I could tolerate it. No problem. Will take 2 mg today then 5mg per week from then on. Will monitor my OA in my hip and fingers closely for any improvement.

3 Likes