17-Alpha Estradiol - Another Top Anti-Aging Drug

I asked. They are only testing animals atm.

3 Likes

“17a-Estradiol signicantly increased in the Shenling Baizhu Powder treatment group and was positively correlated with Lachnospiraceae and Allobaculum_ stercoricanis.”

Effects of Shenling Baizhu Powder on PyrotinibInduced Diarrhea: Analysis of Gut Microbiota,Metabonomics, and Network Pharmacology

1 Like

Anyone know how to get this supplement?

You’re talking about this supplement that @Toxidendron just mentioned: Shenling Baizhu Powder?

Just google it/shopping and there are many options, but from my perspective some random selection of chinese herbs is interesting, but not something I’d want to take on an ongoing basis, given the pollution / quality problems of chinese supplements and drugs. And, while its interesting that 17-alpha estradiol increased in the SBP group, who knows what else the herbal mixture is doing, and how it interacts with other supplements or drugs we are taking?

1 Like

I would rather get a western version of 17 alpha estradiol. Is there anything available yet?

52 posts were split to a new topic: 17 Alpha Estradiol: Using and Dosing Experiences

I’ve moved on from 17 alpha…

The next candidate on my list is Acarbose. Any thoughts on obtaining this compound and dosage?

I think I’ve read the beginning therapeutic dose is 25mg with each meal. Since I eat twice per day, that would bring me to 50mg/day. Does this seem reasonable to anyone with actual knowledge and/or experience.

Thanks again for your thoughts.

2 Likes

Given all the possible, undesirable side effects, maybe 10 to 25mcg would be more prudent.

Then again, I love sardines and can tolerate grapefruit juice without mutating. :grin:

1 Like

YOU WROTE…I think I’ve read the beginning therapeutic dose is 25mg with each meal.

It is actually 50 mg per meal.

Still a lot lower than 500 mg Metformin 4 times a day… couldn’t do even 1 a day. My phenotype.

On Acarbose now starting 4 months. All good.

1 Like

Lots on Acarbose in this thread: Acarbose Dose That Folks are Taking?

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: 17 Alpha Estradiol: Use and Dosing Experiences

I have moved all the discussion about people’s experiences dosing and using 17-alpha estradiol to a new thread here: 17 Alpha Estradiol: Use and Dosing Experiences

Please use this thread (17 alpha estradiol - Another Top Anti-aging Drug) only for new science / studies / research related to 17 alpha estradiol. Use all the other thread for discussion related to the practical issues of how to use it, dose it, and results from using it.

2 Likes

17-Alpha-Estradiol is not a hormone and cannot bind to estrogen receptors (Hoffmann et al., 2002)

However, there seems to be an increase in aromatase activity in hair follicles ex vivo:

Would there be an increase in aromatase activity for someone who takes 17-A-E?

hoffmann2002.pdf (109.8 KB)

3 Likes

The solution 0.025% Ell-Cranell® alpha (17α-estradiol, Galderma Korea, Co., Seoul, Korea) is a stereoisomer of the female hormone 17β-estradiol and has been used for the past 30 years in Europe, as well as in South America. The drug inhibits the conversion of testosterone to the metabolite dihydrotestosterone (DHT) by suppressing 5α-reductase activity5. In addition, by inhibiting 17β-dehydrogenase, it impedes the conversion process of androstenedione to testosterone, resulting in a reduction in the syntheses of testosterone and DHT6. It also accelerates the conversion of testosterone to estradiol by stimulating aromatase, decreasing the level of testosterone and leading to a reduction in DHT7. In addition, the drug has been reported to stimulate the generation of hair follicular matrix cells8. Clearly the use of 0.025% Ell-Cranell® alphasolution on decreased hair loss in patients with androgenetic alopecia has been shown both effective and safe. Nonetheless, the drug is not imported into Korea, and studies on Korean patients have not been conducted. Therefore, we conducted this study to assess the safety and effectiveness of 0.025% Ell-Cranell® alphasolution in Korean patients with female pattern hair loss.

17-Alpha estradiol inhibits conversion of testosterone to DHT (dihydrotestosterone), reduces synthesis of testosterone and DHT. They also linked to the study above about increase in aromatase in hair follicles ex vivo.

17-B-estradiol (Estrogen) cream topically:

A more accurate blood test of estrogen, using LC MS which is more expensive:

Same test, higher end in estrogen reference range, and the complete opposite result, with the more accurate test.

ECLIA (standard):

LC MS:

• If measuring estradiol levels in patients on fulvestrant consider alternative methods, such as Liquid Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry (LC-MS).

It is also suggested for drugs like Fulvestrant to use the LC MS assay to measure estradiol levels.

This might be the same for 17-Alpha Estradiol.

In my country the difference is $34 USD vs. $60, it says also the more sensitive method is suggested to men.

I find it a bit complicated with different threads for 17-Alpha-E IMO, when the ‘use and experience’ thread started with scientific studies too.

3 Likes

Awesome, thanks for that. The difference in the tests is news to me, but makes sense.

For Marek the prices are $8 and $50.

Search: 10 results found for "estr" – MarekDiagnostics*

I tacked on some other tests when I did my first Sirolimus level test there, and sure enough my Estradiol read high, but so did my Free Testosterone, so it was on my list to look into.

My leading theory was that Biotin I had taken messed up those two tests:

which may still be the case, but maybe the Estradiol test was just garbage to begin with?

1 Like

Recent work suggests that the effects of e2-alpha are simply through the normal estrogen receptors.

1 Like

From a new study in rhesus macaques:

We found that our dosing regimens (0.30 and 0.20 mg/kg/day) were tolerable as evidenced by a lack of GI distress, changes in blood chemistry or complete blood counts, and unaffected vital signs. We also found that the higher dose did elicit mild benefits on metabolic parameters including body mass, adiposity, and glycosylated hemoglobin.

“Both of our 17α-estradiol trial doses elicited significant feminization to include testicular atrophy, increased circulating estrogens, and suppressed circulating androgens and gonadotropins.”

4 Likes

We suspect that the observed level of feminization results from a saturation of the endogenous conjugation enzymes, thereby promoting a greater concentration of unconjugated 17α-estradiol in serum, which has more biological activity. We also surmise that the elevated level of unconjugated 17α-estradiol was subjected to a greater degree of isomerization to 17β-estradiol, which is aligned with the sevenfold increase in serum 17β-estradiol in 17α-estradiol treated animals in our first trial. Future studies in monkeys, and certainly humans, would likely benefit from the development and implementation of 17α-estradiol transdermal patches, which are commonly prescribed in humans and would circumvent potential issues with bolus dosing effects.

3 Likes

These are pretty high dosing levels… for a 70kg person, thats 14mg to 20mg a day. I wonder how they determined that dosing level. I’ll shoot an email to the paper author.

4 Likes