Fisetin increased biological aging (TruAge test) in 5 out of 10 human subjects

(It also decreased TruAge in 4/10, but not worth the risk IMO)

3 Likes

Not much evidence out there in favor of Fisetin. I wish Novos would take it out of their formula.

6 Likes

The biggest proponent of Fisetin was the Mayo Clinic. However their trial research was never published so it looks like it was a bust. I no longer take Fisetin.

3 Likes

Even the primary researcher on the fisetin protocol at Mayo Clinic warns people not to try this at home because the evidence is not yet clear. It’s something that’s being looked into.

2 Likes

I don’t take fisetin as a daily supplement and haven’t for quite a while. But this pilot study doesn’t provide me sufficient reason to stop taking fisetin as part of a monthly senolytic cocktail along with dasatinib and quercetin.

Kirkland discussed fisetin as being effective in reducing senolytic cell burden in preliminary research: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTyjiuOQ8I8&t=2166s .

So while I do wait for large scale human studies to confirm its efficacy and safety, I’m not yet dissuaded from my current protocol.

2 Likes

I think fisetin is one of a number of HDAC inhibitors that in the round are worth taking. Which of them are best not taking is unclear, but that may include fisetin.

1 Like

Novos seems to be allergic to formula changes, which I’m guessing is financial since it’s probably a pain to make changes. I stopped buying it as a result.

4 Likes